GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VOTE HERE TO KEEP Newbie/Regular/Notable/Staff line"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/05/01 at 22:53
Regular
Here we go again.

Say "YES, I like it" if you think it is a good idea to have the new "identifiers" under your name. The four identifiers (dare I say "status") are"
Staff
Regular
Notable

Vote "NO, I don't like it" if they don't suit you.

Thanks

(When do I get to go up to Newbie?)

Regular status arrives after 300 posts providing they contain over 7500 words.

One Notable is voted in every three months.
Tue 01/05/01 at 22:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Here we go again.

Say "YES, I like it" if you think it is a good idea to have the new "identifiers" under your name. The four identifiers (dare I say "status") are"
Staff
Regular
Notable

Vote "NO, I don't like it" if they don't suit you.

Thanks

(When do I get to go up to Newbie?)

Regular status arrives after 300 posts providing they contain over 7500 words.

One Notable is voted in every three months.
Tue 01/05/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
YES

I'll have a babyCham
Tue 01/05/01 at 22:57
Regular
No, they're causing more hassle than they are worth. It's a good idea. If it could be done in a way different to number of posts it would be good.

Maybe something like at the end of each we all the people who want regular status puts there names up and we vote, based on how intelligent/sensible their posting has been.

Although, having just thought of that, here's a big donwside:

People could really take offense if they're not voted, OR existing regulars could use there vote in a non-sensible way, if you know what i mean.
yes if i can have staff under my name
Regular
hey, when was this thing set up? anyway i dunno if its a good idea. U wouldnt class a person on his race would ya? anyway what are the benefits of it? all i can see is people gettin descriminated against for whatever name they are classed as. Well thats my view anyway. Probably wrong. i'm tired.
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> YES I'll have a baby
Tue 01/05/01 at 22:59
considering there is a small gap between newbie and regular maybe you could have something in between.

Eg semi regular
Tue 01/05/01 at 23:02
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
How about

Newbi
Newb
New
Ne
N
R
Re
Reg
Regu
Regul
Regula
Regular

Ha!
Tue 01/05/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
For the Site I would say, Staff and Member should be used, I don't really care what I am called and most of the lads probably feel the same way. The thing is, people might be detered from joining in the discussions if they are a 'newbie' as their contributions might be rebuked by regulars etc, making them feel uncomfortable and wanting to leave the site...Me thinks.

Staff / Member would be best, but as for the Yes and No Malarkey - I abstain.
Tue 01/05/01 at 23:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
I like the idea.

Keep it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.