GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what about gta2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 2'.
Mon 31/01/05 at 10:09
Regular
"i own groovy land"
why is it that gta 3 and so on get all the prase, gta1&2 are just as good if not better. ya the grafics are crud but the missons are better than gta3.SO STOP AND THINK ABOUT THE GTA 1-2 PLEASE......
Mon 31/01/05 at 10:09
Regular
"i own groovy land"
why is it that gta 3 and so on get all the prase, gta1&2 are just as good if not better. ya the grafics are crud but the missons are better than gta3.SO STOP AND THINK ABOUT THE GTA 1-2 PLEASE......
Mon 31/01/05 at 17:58
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I fail to see how 5+ year old, top down view 2D games can be seen as better than 0-3 year old, fully 3D games. There is infinite more depth to the 3 latest GTA's. With the exception of the originality of GTA 1&2, there is absolutely nothing else that even comes close to the standard of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:23
Regular
"\\"
Nah. GTA 1 > All others.
Mon 31/01/05 at 23:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I still play GTA and GTA2. The whole series is great, bar London, that was a bit pants.
Sat 05/02/05 at 16:35
Regular
"i own groovy land"
ok gta 1&2 may have crap grafice compeired to the other 3 gta games but in my opinune the missons are just as good if not better. so there.
Sat 05/02/05 at 16:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Chr1s wrote:
> I fail to see how 5+ year old, top down view 2D games can be seen as
> better than 0-3 year old, fully 3D games.

Yet when we compare say FF Tactics with FFX-2 it seems to be very much the case :-D
Sat 05/02/05 at 16:43
Regular
"The definitive tag"
the triad killer wrote:
> ok gta 1&2 may have crap grafice compeired to the other 3 gta
> games but in my opinune the missons are just as good if not better.
> so there.

The technical side of GTA 1&2 is far inferior to that of the newest GTA installments. Because of this, the missions most definitely are not as good. Maybe the simplicity of GTA 1&2 appeals to you more (not an insult) but I can't see your basis for saying that the missions are better.
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:49
Regular
"i own groovy land"
ok not better but i think that gta3, vise city and the newist one are are over liked,gta 1&2 started it but they are consided crud games because the grefices are in 2D. i just think that gta1&2 games should get some of the prase. its not much to ask. ( and you are right the missone on gta 3 ect are better in a way they are more enjoyble) gta1&2 are good games if you are one bord and two haven't got the other gta games.
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:53
Regular
"The definitive tag"
the triad killer wrote:
> ok not better but i think that gta3, vise city and the newist one are
> are over liked,gta 1&2 started it but they are consided crud
> games because the grefices are in 2D. i just think that the other gta
> games should get some of the prase.

Of course they should. GTA 1 is where free roaming and random violence began.
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:57
Regular
"8==="
Chr1s wrote:
>
> Of course they should. GTA 1 is where free roaming and random
> violence began.

No. That would be Elite, which apparently, according to Braben, GTA is based on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.