GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outlook Vs Outlook Express"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/04/01 at 01:59
Regular
For the past few years I've been using Outlook Express as my offline mail client...

For no other reason than its easy to setup, and is no hassle...

Although I had Outlook, and used a lot of its features at work, I've had no use for most of them at home... and it diddnt allow me to grab News Group messages...

However... since using B&W I've been wanting to get my mail through Outlook, so I can get my little worshipers named after people i nmy list (getting my Titan to throw ex-bosses around id no bad thing either! :) )

Problem is I cant get a valid hotmail account to work through Outlook... The closest reference I can find to using a Hotmail account in Oulook is on the Microsoft site,m where it telles me to put a link to the Hotmail login page on my task bar, and log in whenever I want to chek my mail...

This being only very slightly dodgy... I was wondering if anyone knkew a better way around this problem (apart from un-installing outlook)?

:)
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:38
Hi,

My Dad uses outlook but i find hotmail much better. With instant mesager it's brilliant.
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:05
Regular
I've only ever used Outlook Express, despite having a copy of outlook - it's just too confusing!
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:25
El Internet es un lugar de desarrollo rápido, y el diseño del Web de LK es orgulloso poder dejó a su compañía estar en el filo de la tecnología disponible para presentar su buisiness al mundo. Los siguientes son una lista de algunas de las muchas tecnologías que el diseño del Web de LK utilizará permitir a su sitio estar acertado y disponible para las audiencias más grandes posibles.

Apparently.

Long live the babel fish.
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Hrm, nice. El queo diablo, or "The Devil Chicken". muah. haha. etc

Time for a change soon though I think
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:12
Out of interest, what does your subline thingy mean? (Mine reads "put stick up ar se" in spanish)
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:10
Oh, thanks..

I thought that was always my attitude to life.. foo.
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Is that just for SATs week, or your new attitude to life? Being a bit of an unsociable lil' sod on IRC too.

Come on later and help with promotion stuff.

Tue 08/05/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Have to use it now 'cause I forgot about it when we got the new box, and I cant be bothered to import all my OE mailboxes. Still use it downstairs, and will do on the other new one.
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:05
Yeah.. I'm back..

To pick holes in everything and be generally depressed, sarcastic and evil.
Tue 08/05/01 at 19:01
Reaper[DC] wrote:
> Some of them insist you are on their connection before you can check
> your mail account.
I don't use Outook or Express, always used
> Eudora instead.

I've only ever seen you use express, and I've been 'round yours a number of times, Phil..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.