GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Championship, League 1, 2 ect... (Div 1, 2, 3)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"360: swfcman"
For starters, let me say i hate this new way to name the leagues. Calling them Division 1, 2 and 3 made alot more sense. None the less...

Its nearly that time again! The season for us lot kicks off next weekend, after, for me, what seemed like a long summer, and i for one cant wait for the season to start.

As always, i have my season ticket and im pretty confident of what The Owls can achieve this season, im just hoping this season can be the one where the rot stops, and we gain promotion. We have a whole new team almost. We released 15 players last season, and signed 11 this, including ex Southampton captain Chrissy Marsden, and then a squad of good young players who all look the part to go with him

We have 2 friendlies left against the Bolton and Everton, and in our previous friendlies we have looked good.

I know there are a number of you lot who support teams in the lower leagues, so lets not let this forum be over run by Premiership talk and such. After all, our clubs are just as important as the bigger clubs.

So what are your hopes and fears for the new season? Who you looking forward to playing the most?

Up the Owls!!

--------------------------------------------

The Owls are goin' up!!! The Owls are goin' up!!! The Owls are goin' up!!!
Page:
Fri 18/11/05 at 00:43
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
> There are lots of reasons i have heard. Ranging from him not wanting
> to come this far north to us seeming not too keen on buying him.
>
> I just hope this doesnt prove to be a "one that got away"
> scenario.

That is what both Tyson and Gorman have said. Who knows, he might not sign for Forest this January...I doubt he'd go to Wednesday if he doesn't sign for Forest, but there's still a very small chance.

Oh, and he IS the ome that got away because he is arguably one of, if not the best English-based player outside the Premiership!
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Pro Evo wrote:
> There are lots of reasons i have heard. Ranging from him not wanting
> to come this far north to us seeming not too keen on buying him.
>
> I just hope this doesnt prove to be a "one that got away"
> scenario.

I do but unfortunatley for Forest I don't think he will.
Thu 17/11/05 at 16:08
Regular
There are lots of reasons i have heard. Ranging from him not wanting to come this far north to us seeming not too keen on buying him.

I just hope this doesnt prove to be a "one that got away" scenario.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:00
Regular
That's not the reason. :cP I think he even done a TV interview with Wanderers World stating his reasons for not signing with Wednesday.

I can't find the link right now. :c(
Thu 17/11/05 at 12:45
Regular
Little annoyed by the Tyson thing. Lots of stories going on up here about why he didnt sign for us when he came all the way here to talk with our lot. Apparently we were too far North for him...but then he signs for Forest just down the motorway! Saying that, i didnt think he was worth the money we were apparently going to pay.

Oh well.

Managed to get my tickets for the game vs Sheff Utd at Bramall lane, which took some effort!
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:05
Regular
We're not doing too bad this season...17 games unbeaten (only unbeaten team in the English Football League this season), second in the league. We've just lost Nathan Tyson to Forest, though. :c(
Sun 06/11/05 at 11:02
Regular
A nice 2-1 against Derby yesterday, in fairness we were very fortunate to win. Derby should have had at least 2 by half time, and with the pressure on us early in the 2nd half should have gone on to score more.

Once we scored however, they just collapsed. We mounted more and more pressure and eventually got the winner. A very good 3 points though, especially with Derby being around the bottom end. It puts us on 19 points, 3 points above the bottom 3 with a game in hand. Things looking alot healthier at the moment compared to a few weeks ago when we were propping up the league.

Up the Owls!
Mon 31/10/05 at 14:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Cong_Man wrote:

> Anyway good 1-0 over Bradford at the weekend, first time this season
> we've actually looked like we were playing as a team. Should have
> been a lot more than one goal though.

Yes we never seem to kill off a game - Swansea away was a good example when a stupid tactical change by Megson cost us 2 points.
Mon 31/10/05 at 14:13
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> Cong_Man wrote:
> mattributé wrote:
> But result of the evening - 3-2 to the mighty Woke. Against Notts
> Forest. Get In. Buddle would be proud.
>
> Embarassing as that was, I take solace in the fact that we rested 10
> first team players.
>
> Is it possible for us to rest 10 first team players and still have
> enough players to put out a squad? Probably got a few fans out the
> crowd to play!

Well, a couple were Youth Academy players...

Anyway good 1-0 over Bradford at the weekend, first time this season we've actually looked like we were playing as a team. Should have been a lot more than one goal though.
Sat 29/10/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Southend United top of League 1 by 2 points. I couldn't go to the game today but it was a cracker. Eastwood scored a hatrick on his birthday. What a present that is. Next weekend will be hard as we will be playing Swansea who are just 2 points behind us.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.