GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP Changes at Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 22:38
Regular
I received an email from a client saying they'd entered the minimum criteria on my booking form i.e. a contact number or email address but were receiving the following message:

Not transmitted
Error:
Please supply your Telephone number or Email address!

I had a look at the form using Dreamweaver plus tested the form online, I was baffled so decided to check the Freeola website to see if any changes had been made and was annoyed to find the following:

UPDATE 7/6/04

Following a security upgrade, a change has been made to our PHP configuration to switch register_globals OFF. This basically means that statements such as:

echo $my_variable_name;

will no longer function correctly. There is a simple resolution to this problem in the form of some code that should be inserted into the top of your page. Here are some examples:

If the variable you are trying to access is passed via the URL string:

$my_variable_name=$_GET["my_variable_name"];

If the variable you are trying to access is passed via a form post operation:

$my_variable_name=$_POST["my_variable_name"];

If the variable you are trying to access is a server environment variable:

$my_variable_name=$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];

The code in my form is:

if ($tel == "" && $email == "")
{
echo "Not transmitted";
echo "
Error:
Please supply your Telephone number or Email address!
Click on the BACK button on your browser to return to the form";
}
else
{
echo "Successfully transmitted

";
Fri 30/07/04 at 08:10
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Noon - Nice to see a member of staff on these forums lately.
> Regarding this issue, it was a shame it took a dozen emails (via the
> support link) asking you to take a look at your own code for the
> form_to_mail.php code which hadn't been amended to take your own
> changes/recommendations on board before FREEOLA took some action...
The actual form_to_mail.php script had to be looked at by one our techies (basically we do not have full access to the servers from the support desk, so we couldn't look into this ourselves), but we had ongoing problems with a few of our servers that meant it was over a week until it was fixed.
Fri 30/07/04 at 00:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Bravo.
Thu 29/07/04 at 21:16
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Yep! That's what I mean...

Damn faptard! I've admitted to arrogance, there is nothing there for you to feel the need to comment on? You made the statement, I admitted it! So your right, along with everyone else I've ever met, delt, partied or slept with!

Instead of wating your time slating others, maybe you should return to your little bedroom and find something worth while in life doing...

Like hanging your self maybe?
Thu 29/07/04 at 21:07
"Are you sure?"
Yep! That's what I mean...
Thu 29/07/04 at 21:04
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Turbo - FYI any of this touch a nerve?
> Arrogant:Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or
> self-importance. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of
> one's superiority toward others. Also an anagram of TLYA

Lolage. I'd be the first to admit I'm arrogant, the wife also tells me this on a daily basis as well as my boss, but so what, I worked my knackers off over the last 8 years to get where I am, and I'm good and I'm respected by many for this.

Who's the one earning in excess of £40,000 a year?

Never believed in beating about the bush, always believed in critisim, and those who can't handle it, shouldn't be trying so hard to get into an industry which is full of arroganmt self worth people.

I'm just as open to comments and critisim aboutmy work just as much as anyone esle around here, but thats where my arrogance stops as user feedback is the most important process in any IT based deliverable.

fwiw, I'd prefer people toleave my name out of dumb @ss arguments based on peoples inability who are just looking for a scape goat for their own faliures.
Thu 29/07/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah I'll leave the envy to you.
Thu 29/07/04 at 20:55
"Are you sure?"
Best you stick with php...
Thu 29/07/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
So you're saying that Turbo is an anagram of an anagram? Okay..
Thu 29/07/04 at 20:45
"Are you sure?"
Turbonutter wrote:
> No, arrogance is when you're mistaken in your own self-worth.
>
> And I'm sure Tyla won't be happy about you incorrectly
> spelling his name. TLYA isn't even pronouncable.

Also an anagram of TLYA - Doh!
Thu 29/07/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No, arrogance is when you're mistaken in your own self-worth.

And I'm sure Tyla won't be happy about you incorrectly spelling his name. TLYA isn't even pronouncable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.