GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Edge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 17:18
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Now ive never been a big fan of edge since he got into singles, I have always found christian to be the better of the the two.
But now theres all talk of the wwe asking him to change his look, mainly to cut his hair and change his entrance.
I agree with both of those ideas...the long hair is way gone, fans dont like that sort of thing on the male wrestlers anymore. And im sick of the way he comes running out trying to get the crowd 'into' it the way he does. A good wrestler should be able t do this without screaming at them asking them to cheer and all that other rubbish he does on his way to the ring.
I think its time he had a hair cut, new music, new outfit infact, somthing a bit darker maybe. And more importantly he needs to go heel.Hell the fans boo him anyways so he might aswell just go with it.
They should have kept him on smackdown aswell as theres no room for him on raw and smackdown needs some bigs names back on there. Have him feud for the U.S title and do it fast before the crowd get on him like they did with X-Pac.
Tue 27/07/04 at 16:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:

> Well, he's no cruiserweight, so I guess he has no choice. Edge is
> roughly the same build and has the same in-ring style as Sting and
> this never stopped the Stinger from becoming a main eventer

ya could argue that being related to the ultimate warrior was a bit of a leg up as well ;)
they were cousins or somethign i believe...

> Sting had a worse haircut than Edge in the 90s. Maybe Edge needs to
> go the drection Sting went and become a darker character?

... full circle!
edge was dark when he debuted with the brood and became a lighter character after the whole "reeking of awsomeness" thing he and christian did (whch ruled :) )
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:33
Regular
"..."
Tazz wrote:
> He doesn’t need anyone to help him along, he just needs to subdue the
> cockiness,

I don't agree with Tazz very often, but he makes a great point here. Cockiness isn't a particularly endearing quality and therefore doesn't work for a face. Apart from The Rock, of course, but his appeal was based around this, it doesn't work for Edge.

> turn heel, and stop lingering around the subject of his
> recovery from injury, which apparently he is the only wrestler in
> history to ever have done.

Well, Randy Orton made a big thing out of his injury and subsequent return, but that was designed to make him an annoying heel. Again this doesn't work for a face. Fortunately, after seeing what happened on Raw, it looks like Edge is definetly headed for a heel turn and possibly a feud with Jericho, which has the potential to be one of the better IC feuds of recent times, even if Jericho doesn't need to get involved with that particular belt, hey, same could be said of Edge though...

> As wrestling fans, we've seen many put on
> the shelf due to injury, the vast majority of which return. But I
> don't recall anyone so self-obsessed to come back, promote himself to
> main event standard, cut promos lavish with cheap pops, come to the
> ring seemingly constipated week after week and, furthermore, consider
> himself, though a scrawny and pathetic excuse for a wrestler, worthy
> of Heavyweight status. And people like him!?

Well, he's no cruiserweight, so I guess he has no choice. Edge is roughly the same build and has the same in-ring style as Sting and this never stopped the Stinger from becoming a main eventer and hey, Sting had a worse haircut than Edge in the 90s. Maybe Edge needs to go the drection Sting went and become a darker character?
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tazz wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> Tazz wrote:
> Well, on a marginally less formal note, if this
> is your attitude, then you can kiss my flat saggy ass.
>
> and if that's your attitude then you'll have to take your head out
> of
> it first.
>
> Consider it done.

:)
nicely done.
Tue 27/07/04 at 09:58
Regular
"Guess who..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> Tazz wrote:
>
> and if that's your attitude then you'll have to take your head out of
> it first.

Consider it done.

thebestbit wrote:
> †hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> How come everyone who loved Edge before his injury have suddenly
> turned on him? I think he's a good all-rounder, who doesn't excel in
> any particular area but can have a good match against a variety of
> different workers. He reminds me of Sting circa 1991.

> Ive never liked the guy as a singles wrestler, he needs someone to
> help him along. Like his good matches with Kurt angle, you can tell
> that its angle doing all the hard work to make Edge look good.

He doesn’t need anyone to help him along, he just needs to subdue the cockiness, turn heel, and stop lingering around the subject of his recovery from injury, which apparently he is the only wrestler in history to ever have done. As wrestling fans, we've seen many put on the shelf due to injury, the vast majority of which return. But I don't recall anyone so self-obsessed to come back, promote himself to main event standard, cut promos lavish with cheap pops, come to the ring seemingly constipated week after week and, furthermore, consider himself, though a scrawny and pathetic excuse for a wrestler, worthy of Heavyweight status. And people like him!?
Tue 27/07/04 at 09:47
Regular
"..."
Fígó wrote:
> I agree with Antteh about Orton, I think we have people on here that
> see a 'good wrestler' in different ways, and thats why we can never
> agree :)
>
> Tazz likes to see moves making impact and looking as if they are
> actually hurting people, where as people like Congy... erm, well like
> whatever Congy likes, im not quite sure what that is mind you.
>
> I suppose good all round wrestlers yes Congy, taking into account
> everything?

Not really, but I can appreciate a good all rounder. I guess my love of Extreme Championship Wrestling taught me to love extremes. I love the riskiests High-flyers as much as the most violent Deathmatches as much as the most technical encounters. Meaning I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who loves ROH as much as CZW. I don't see why I should have to chose a particular style of wrestling to love, as they all have their merits. Chris Benoit is as good as Rob Van Dam or John Zandig to me. Why? Because they have each pushed their chosen style to the limits. Yet I also appreciate guys who bring charisma to the table. A good promo by The Rock is as worthy of TV time as a Kurt Angle/Benoit technical classic. There are only two things which really annoy me about wrestlers - too many rest holds (hence why I dislike Orton) and not selling for an opponent (almost every 'big-guy' who has ever worked for the WWE, with the notable exception of Bam Bam Bigelow, who in my opinion is the only good 'Big-Man' to have ever worked for the WWE.
Mon 26/07/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ant wrote:
> Orton's been in most of the best matches so far this year...if you
> look at WWE.com's polls after PPV events, Randy's matches have almost
> always been the most popular, including his match against Mick Foley
> which is so far the best match of this year in my view. Obviously
> Foley was partly responsible for that. :P

Come come young Ant. I'll agree that Orton has been in some very good matches but best of the year? I would easily rate the Rumble, both triple threats involving Benoit, Shawn and Triple H at Wrestlemania and Backlash, Eddie V Brock at No Way Out and Eddie V Angle at Wrestlemania better than any Orton match this year. Not discrediting Orton V Foley but it's not match of the year. I'd say Orton's best match this year was the tag team match at Wrestlemania.

Orton needs to get away from those 5-10 minute rest holds because they will slowly destroy his credibility.
Mon 26/07/04 at 19:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tazz wrote:
> Very_Metal, first of all, I never claimed to be the real Tazz (OK,
> maybe back in the day but...that’s irrelevant to this topic).

wow, way to take all credibility away from the rest of yer post :P

> You don't have to believe me. I appreciate it seems like a pretty
> wild story at glance but it’s simply my reprisal to your insinuation
> that I have no knowledge of the wrestling lifestyle or its
> principals.

i never said that.

> My interpretation of your comments surmises that you were
> suggesting wrestling is and should purely be dramatized with no
> sacrifice involved.

then your interpretation was wrong.
if there was no sacrifice or risk then it wouldn't be so important to be in good shape and be physically able to take the punishment.

and if that's your attitude then you'll have to take your head out of it first.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:40
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> How come everyone who loved Edge before his injury have suddenly
> turned on him? I think he's a good all-rounder, who doesn't excel in
> any particular area but can have a good match against a variety of
> different workers. He reminds me of Sting circa 1991.
Ive never liked the guy as a singles wrestler, he needs someone to help him along. Like his good matches with Kurt angle, you can tell that its angle doing all the hard work to make Edge look good.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:20
Regular
I agree with Antteh about Orton, I think we have people on here that see a 'good wrestler' in different ways, and thats why we can never agree :)

Tazz likes to see moves making impact and looking as if they are actually hurting people, where as people like Congy... erm, well like whatever Congy likes, im not quite sure what that is mind you.

I suppose good all round wrestlers yes Congy, taking into account everything?
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:10
Regular
"Guess who..."
Very_Metal, first of all, I never claimed to be the real Tazz (OK, maybe back in the day but...that’s irrelevant to this topic). And secondly, perhaps I know a fair deal more than you presume in the field of hardcore wrestling. I was trained at one of the many steel domain wrestling colleges in Chicago where I mastered basic and advanced skills of amateur wrestling. On my leave, I co-established a small hardcore wrestling group after years of idolizing legends such as Mick Foley, Terry Funk, and of course, Taz (now Tazz) in ECW. Over a span of two years I took part in several brutal hardcore tournaments and acquired myself a substantial knowledge of the hardcore format and on frequent occasion have found myself in situations in which I have had to jeopardize my safety and the safety of my opponent in order to put on a good show. One of the first indoctrinations I ever received was that safety always comes first, but sometimes a guy's gotta chuck what comes first in order to abide by what comes second, that being “put on a good show.” I eventually withdrew my involvement in the sport after breaking an opponent’s neck back in October last year. The ‘fed’ has since expanded and crumbled and I have recently moved to Memphis (renowned as the wrestling capital of the world) in hope of getting back on track and furthering my career.
You don't have to believe me. I appreciate it seems like a pretty wild story at glance but it’s simply my reprisal to your insinuation that I have no knowledge of the wrestling lifestyle or its principals. My interpretation of your comments surmises that you were suggesting wrestling is and should purely be dramatized with no sacrifice involved. Well, on a marginally less formal note, if this is your attitude, then you can kiss my flat saggy ass.

’Nuff said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.