GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who's here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/04/01 at 23:38
Regular
sho is here! Maybe we should set up a topic every nite to see!

Sonic
Tue 08/05/01 at 01:39
Right, enough for tonight. I shall vanish into the mist...

sleep, my pretty sleep...
Tue 08/05/01 at 01:13
Thanks. Just trying to think of ways that promotes MIST and of course SR plus is also interactive, is commercial (sorry but have to think like that) and is a chance to do some really good designs.

Have you read our discussion about a trading card game as well?

Tue 08/05/01 at 01:05
Regular
Yeah, your idea sounds good!

Sorry, i didnt realise you'd already suggested it. It's definately a good idea though!
Tue 08/05/01 at 01:03
Your Honour wrote:
> It's ok, i believe you about the staff thing!

Why dont you have a
> word with Grix/Meka and the others who write the stories. See if
> they can start one off, but it can only be added to between 11pm and
> 9am or something. At the end of the week you could give a prize of
> best addition, or most descriptive writing or some such thing.
>

You mean my graphic novel idea? We could come up with a begining and then invite people to submit where they think the story should go. Then my collegues and I could pick the best one (every month or so - or a page in the mag) and then illistrate it. Also put it up on the MIST graphic novel website (if that was going to happen as well). So we would have an interactive graphic novel that made you guys feel more involved with the storyline and also keep interest going form mag to mag. It would also mean that on one would know the outcome of the story until right up to that last.

Depending on the hours you set, most of the FoG regulars wouldnt
> bother entering, allowing some prizes to go to others.

Advertise
> it a bit, maybe some of the americans could get involved.

Thing
> is, the story would have to be well thought out before it was
> started, it would need a bit of planning.

Or we could work out the story in advance. Yes. Not a problem. Nut I quite liek the organic appraoch.
Tue 08/05/01 at 00:53
Regular
It's ok, i believe you about the staff thing!

Why dont you have a word with Grix/Meka and the others who write the stories. See if they can start one off, but it can only be added to between 11pm and 9am or something. At the end of the week you could give a prize of best addition, or most descriptive writing or some such thing.

Depending on the hours you set, most of the FoG regulars wouldnt bother entering, allowing some prizes to go to others.

Advertise it a bit, maybe some of the americans could get involved.

Thing is, the story would have to be well thought out before it was started, it would need a bit of planning.
Tue 08/05/01 at 00:49
Yeah, the lateness could be it but if you look at FOG they are still posting at this time of night. There needs to be a definate time that people switch form FOG to MIST.

Also getting the Americans into the forum might help (as it it still thier daytime!).

Also with FOG their is a more solid theme - future of gaming whereas MIST doesn't stand for a theme. So it is an open theme and if regulars are used to FOG then they will stay there unless we push MIST

Yes I'm staff. I have two sign ins and haven't got around to asking the internet boys to change both of my status. My other one has Staff on it - honest - check out 'kendozod' not 'The Kendozod'

Tue 08/05/01 at 00:43
Regular
Are you staff then?

How come your tag thing says 'newbie' and not staff?
Tue 08/05/01 at 00:42
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Why was the banner taken off of the site anyway?

Not sure if I can say...
Tue 08/05/01 at 00:41
Maybe it needs a Tony offering a game/filmaday competition on how to promote the MIST forum. I came up with ideas (see previous posts) but those were just off the cuff stuff. I haven't been given time at work (as it is mag typesetting time) to really think about it - apart from asked to design the banner. It all depends on how much time and resorces Tony wants on this forum.

With the awards - who would administer the thing? Not sure if the effort put in gets enough results (ie atracting people to the site) out.

Tue 08/05/01 at 00:40
Regular
Have you ever thought why this forum hasnt really taken off?

Could it be because everyone is in bed? Also, most of the people who post on here seem to be school kids who cant stay up late because their parents wont let them?

I know that probably sounds really negative, buti didnt mean it to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.