GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shocking ITV News expose!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/07/04 at 18:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
English people like getting drunk! A lot! All the time!

"What you are about to see may shock you and disturb you," says the ITV newsreader. Yeah, unless you've ever been outside at night over the course of your lifetime. Binge drinking is apparently 'a new threat' to our country, and figures are rising all the time. Absolutely shocking.

Except it's not really, is it? I mean, Britain as a country is collectively a retard who needs to numb itself into submission to enjoy itself. You won't shock me with clips of people falling over or starting fights, because that happens each and every day round my parts. When I watched a video of several policemen bundling an abusive drunk into the back of their van, kicking, screaming and cussing, nothing and I mean nothing in the world would have stopped me from cracking him over his skull if I was a policeman. (English, you have my respect dude).

And the worst bit? "What is to blame for Britain's drinking problem?" WHAT is the blame? Try who? And try pointing your finger at the spatchcocks necking 12 pints a night if you want to catch the culprit. Is it really that difficult to understand that the cause of these morons stumbling through town centres, breaking stuff, throwing up and starting fights is actually the morons themselves? Not bars open til late, or 'lad culture' but these mouthbreathing idiots who's idea of a good time is swinging for each other. Tards.

I'm not a binge drinker, in fact, I despise anyone who physically cannot enjoy themselves without some sort of stimulant. But to call this a shocking report that 'sheds new light on our collective booze binging' is farcical. Way to go ITN, you sent a newsreader out with a camera into a town centre and filmed the results! Come on Pulitzer!
Tue 20/07/04 at 03:06
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
If it wernt for the pubs, people would hang around with nothing to do, and then more fights would occur.
You usually have some safe hours to walk through town before the pubs close and the drunks are set free. If there wernt pubs, then they would already be out.

It kind of works both ways if you think about it like that.
Tue 20/07/04 at 01:05
Regular
ITV news sucks but BBC news is alright, it's just the same when you try to compare both of their Euro 2004 coverage the BBC was much better and luckily for us we have Match of the Day back instead of "The Premiership"
Tue 20/07/04 at 00:01
Regular
: Murder, Rape, Weapons of Mass Destruction. But forget all that, we sent our live ITV cameras to the exclusive 30th Birthday party of Robbie Williams.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:25
Regular
What doesnt help is the closing times. Most pubs close at roughly the same time meaning a hoard of alcohol fuelled tards converge upon the streets in there thousands at teh same time.

Me and a group of mates have been 'started' on many time for no reason. I really cant see a solution, if people are going to be so idiotic then they will be, you cant stop them by intorducing on the spot fines or any other rubbishy ideas.

And im off to Newquay on saturday...maybe, just maybe i'll come back unscathed.
Mon 19/07/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Blair and Blunkett holding hands

Awwwwwwwwwwwww
Mon 19/07/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I remember going out to the nightclubs with my mates. I was drinking like it was nothing and didn't feel any effects until I went to the toilet. I came out and fell stright on my back. I could not even stand and it was a very weird feeling.

Afterwards I started being sick and got chucked out by the bouncer. I can remember everything what happened and never even got a hangover. I'll never drink like that again though, as I thought I was going to die that day. I was finding it very difficult to get my breath and kept choking when being sick.

Mates said it was caused through mixing the drinks.

Still, drinking didn't make me want to fight. If people want to fight and cause trouble then they do it anyway. It's just that the drink makes you not care who you fight.

Just wondering if anyone else has never had an hangover. Doesn't matter how much I drink, I just seem to remember everything that happened and never get a hangover.
Mon 19/07/04 at 19:36
Regular
When that sozzled hag fell asss over t!t and broke her ankle, I cringed - it went at a right angle. Eeesh
Mon 19/07/04 at 18:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I've got one friend who really needs to get a hold of himself on the drinking front. At a New Years party this year he just suddenly collapsed. He'd always got drunk a fair bit but he'd never been as out of it as he was then. He had to have his stomach pumped in the end, at 14, and just a couple of months on and he still hadn't stopped drinking stupid amounts. I really don't understand the guy. I too have always been glad I can control myself when drinking.

You're right though, its not as if nobody doesn't know this happens; its common fact that people these days seem to be binge drinking from even younger ages now. And why? Because they see other people doing it all the time. Its scary to think that wherever this came from hasn't picked up on it earlier.
Mon 19/07/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Also Known As...."
Great shock tactics...Think these bulletins might shake the drinks industry to the very core. Millions will sit in on the weekend and watch 'Emmerdale'
Mon 19/07/04 at 18:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
English people like getting drunk! A lot! All the time!

"What you are about to see may shock you and disturb you," says the ITV newsreader. Yeah, unless you've ever been outside at night over the course of your lifetime. Binge drinking is apparently 'a new threat' to our country, and figures are rising all the time. Absolutely shocking.

Except it's not really, is it? I mean, Britain as a country is collectively a retard who needs to numb itself into submission to enjoy itself. You won't shock me with clips of people falling over or starting fights, because that happens each and every day round my parts. When I watched a video of several policemen bundling an abusive drunk into the back of their van, kicking, screaming and cussing, nothing and I mean nothing in the world would have stopped me from cracking him over his skull if I was a policeman. (English, you have my respect dude).

And the worst bit? "What is to blame for Britain's drinking problem?" WHAT is the blame? Try who? And try pointing your finger at the spatchcocks necking 12 pints a night if you want to catch the culprit. Is it really that difficult to understand that the cause of these morons stumbling through town centres, breaking stuff, throwing up and starting fights is actually the morons themselves? Not bars open til late, or 'lad culture' but these mouthbreathing idiots who's idea of a good time is swinging for each other. Tards.

I'm not a binge drinker, in fact, I despise anyone who physically cannot enjoy themselves without some sort of stimulant. But to call this a shocking report that 'sheds new light on our collective booze binging' is farcical. Way to go ITN, you sent a newsreader out with a camera into a town centre and filmed the results! Come on Pulitzer!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.