GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do I get an award?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/04/01 at 20:17
Regular
DO I get an award for most SR shops visited in one day?

I went to 2 today. Chelmsford and Sawbridgeworth. My mate who was driving was not impressed.

We drove from Braintree to Chelmsford and couldnt find a car parking space. So we decided to go to the Sawbridgeworth shop. Only we had to go via Finchingfield as my mate didnt have a road map in his car.

We should have been able to go straight along the A120, but there was an accident so we were diverted off to Dunmow.

After about a 3 hour treck (with a capital TRE) we finally got to Sawbridgeworth and found the shop. I was quite glad we went there because someone on here had said there was a playable GBA in the store.

Well, I couldnt see it, AND I had to go to the counter with a Pokemon game for mate as he had no cash on him!

But I did buy 4 wheel Thunder for the DC wich is an ok game, so it wasnt completely wasted.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:17
Regular
DO I get an award for most SR shops visited in one day?

I went to 2 today. Chelmsford and Sawbridgeworth. My mate who was driving was not impressed.

We drove from Braintree to Chelmsford and couldnt find a car parking space. So we decided to go to the Sawbridgeworth shop. Only we had to go via Finchingfield as my mate didnt have a road map in his car.

We should have been able to go straight along the A120, but there was an accident so we were diverted off to Dunmow.

After about a 3 hour treck (with a capital TRE) we finally got to Sawbridgeworth and found the shop. I was quite glad we went there because someone on here had said there was a playable GBA in the store.

Well, I couldnt see it, AND I had to go to the counter with a Pokemon game for mate as he had no cash on him!

But I did buy 4 wheel Thunder for the DC wich is an ok game, so it wasnt completely wasted.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:19
hope it was worth it the petrol must have been a bit big of a bill! (:)
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:21
Regular
"everyone says it"
ummm yeah:

**an the award for user who started the 'Do I get an award' topic goes to**

Yout Honour....
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:22
what an honour for him! (:)
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:23
Regular
lol!
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:26
Looks like you had a fun day! :)
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
YH, I got a new address: [email protected]
Cheers.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:36
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Your Honour wrote:
> We should have been able to go straight along the A120, but there was an accident so we were diverted off to Dunmow.

Woops wrong road anyway. It's 20 minutes along the A1060 (I think). Past my house at Leaden Roding.

Just keep any eye open for my White Citroen Berlingo Multispace Forte with Get Dotted written on the door. If it looks a bit quick for a 67 BHP diesel, then that's me at the wheel. You might want to tell your driver that the safe option is to not to play silly b**gers with me when I overtake.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:47
Regular
Shock! Tony, ban yourself immediately.
Reasons:
1) Naughty wording with the *s.
2) Promoting dangerous driving.

Nah, only kidding. However on the subject of overtaking, I still find it funny.

There is a road near our house (surprise) and it starts at 30mph for a while, and then becomes 60. I usually stick at around 35 until just before the signs (This is mostly because all locals know that police cars love to hide behind the nearby pub). When I reach the signs I then go to 65/70. It never fails to amuse me that cars begin to overtake before the 60 zone, and then fail as I begin to accelerate. It is not a particularly powerful car at all (small Peugeot - I doubt thats how you spell it- ), but it can accelerate well between 30 and 50, just enough to really annoy overtaking cars.

The only trouble is, that when there is a stubborn overtaker it can look a little close to becoming a head on. I don`t really do it deliberately, its just that`s how I drive, and as a result it annoys those without 3 seconds worth of patience.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I have a clean licence.

To everybody's amazement.

But I was fined twice recently:

1. Parking in front of a speed camera.
2. Faling to give the name of a driver caught speeding.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.