GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age Of Empires 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Empires 2'.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:12
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I've decided to nab this back off of my cousin cause I haven't played it for a while and I think it's one of the best Historic Strategy games. I know it's got the 2D grphics and isn't very up-to-date compared to some more recent Strategy games but it's so much fun and i'm very familiar with the way it plays.

I've tried other Strategy games like Age Of Mythology but even though it's good I still prefer to play AOE II.

So, who still plays AOE II? And what was AOE I like cause I never managed to play it or any of the expansions.

Oh, another thing - What is the AOE II Expansion Pack like? Is it worth me getting for a cheapish price?
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
Emitime wrote:

> Couldn't find my Conquerors disc so I downloaded it (I do own it, I
> just can't find it, so that's alright... yes? yes?)

Yup as long as you own it, if they were to ever contact you, you'd be ok. although i must have downloaded over 100 games and have never been contated by anyone.

Films is a different matter they got me good :*(
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:01
Regular
"\\"
Clazon wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> I still played it, played it online today in fact. And Clazon, the
> expansion isn't called Kings :P The Conquerors is worth getting for
> a
> cheapish price yup.
>
> I swear it's called "The Conquerors: Age of Kings"?

Age of Empires II : Age of Kings
Age of Empires II : The Conquerors Expansion Pack
Mon 21/02/05 at 15:59
Regular
"\\"
The zone's gay.

I had to download the files on one computer, then copy them across to this one.

And I've too been on AoE II for a while. Tis fun.

Couldn't find my Conquerors disc so I downloaded it (I do own it, I just can't find it, so that's alright... yes? yes?), and that's even better. And I got killed alot... Stupid computer :(

Mrrr.
Mon 21/02/05 at 14:32
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I managed to get AOE II back and a copy of Conquerers but when I go to the MSN Zone site this comes up :

You have reached this page due to errors in your authentication.
You may choose among the following Zone sites to continue.

I was trying to buy a game.
I was trying to play a game in MSN Messenger.
I was trying to play a game on Zone.com.
I don’t know, or none of the above.

Anyone know why?
Mon 21/02/05 at 00:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lipe wrote:
> I still played it, played it online today in fact. And Clazon, the
> expansion isn't called Kings :P The Conquerors is worth getting for a
> cheapish price yup.

I swear it's called "The Conquerors: Age of Kings"?
Sun 20/02/05 at 23:02
"Uzi Lover"
I'll grab this down from the loft tommorow and install it.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:33
Regular
I still played it, played it online today in fact. And Clazon, the expansion isn't called Kings :P The Conquerors is worth getting for a cheapish price yup.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=119112&forumid=422[/URL]

In short, yes, get Kings.

ANd my other point was that there are already plenty of other current threads about AOE2.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:12
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I've decided to nab this back off of my cousin cause I haven't played it for a while and I think it's one of the best Historic Strategy games. I know it's got the 2D grphics and isn't very up-to-date compared to some more recent Strategy games but it's so much fun and i'm very familiar with the way it plays.

I've tried other Strategy games like Age Of Mythology but even though it's good I still prefer to play AOE II.

So, who still plays AOE II? And what was AOE I like cause I never managed to play it or any of the expansions.

Oh, another thing - What is the AOE II Expansion Pack like? Is it worth me getting for a cheapish price?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.