GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve Short Changed Me"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Underbean"
i have been into special reserve too many times too count but about 15 times i have been ripped of by them as there magasine and internet prices differ to my local chelmsford store, i go in and am charged 1 pound extra, than the price on the internet, i think nothing of it until its lost 15 pounds of my money. why is this, surely the internet and magasine prices should be correct to the store prices as there are no online discounts, and yes i am a member. don't worry though all of SR's release dates are usualy correct.
Mon 21/06/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I thought the gimmick was ' Internet prices in store ' ?
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:47
Regular
Magazine prices are £1 or £3 higher than internet prices (depending on the product), and it is the magazine price you pay in store or when ordering over the phone. Non members ordering online will have to pay the additional fee in postage anyway.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:15
Regular
It happens with everything you mong. Prices are cheaper on the internet, because the website is cheaper to run. You don't need as much staff for starters and you also don't have to pay rates for buildings etc.

Game, HMV, Gamestation all have games cheaper online than they do in the shops.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:08
"I love yo... lamp."
Did you show them your card? Because if you do, or even just give them your membership number, you'd have gotten the internet prices.

Waiting a day or two for postage is no biggy either.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Underbean"
i am a member you fool any way you have to pay and wait for postage over the internet
Mon 21/06/04 at 17:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
What was the short that changed you about?
Mon 21/06/04 at 17:41
"I love yo... lamp."
[URL]http://specialreserve.com/platinum/[/URL]

Scroll down, to the bottom where it says Members Only Prices In Out Shops.

You weren't short changed, just foolish.
Mon 21/06/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Selected"
he knows too much now, he'll have to die
Mon 21/06/04 at 17:27
Regular
well when the price is tallied up, and you are informed of the total, and it comes to a price you didn't expect, you say "No thanks, I'll purchase it elsewhere", or "No thanks, I'll order it over the internet". Hey presto - you avoided being 'ripped off'.

A little trick they taught me in the CIA.

and you'd think that after the first time being 'ripped off', you'd know not to go back. 15 times? pffff
Mon 21/06/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Underbean"
i have been into special reserve too many times too count but about 15 times i have been ripped of by them as there magasine and internet prices differ to my local chelmsford store, i go in and am charged 1 pound extra, than the price on the internet, i think nothing of it until its lost 15 pounds of my money. why is this, surely the internet and magasine prices should be correct to the store prices as there are no online discounts, and yes i am a member. don't worry though all of SR's release dates are usualy correct.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.