GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cell Processor Struggles with PSOne Game"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/06 at 12:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
PS3 Game Glitches

To be fair, it's probably just Sony's lack of software expertise that caused this news report rather than the Cell processor, but if Sony are happy to launch a console knowing full well that 200 titles that are supposed to be backwards compatible aren't really working properly, what else haven't they told us?
Wed 06/12/06 at 18:55
"possibly impossible"
I'd say it was fair enough, if Sony hadn't already made a big thing about Microsoft's Xbox compatibility on the 360...
Wed 06/12/06 at 11:22
Regular
You could have just left it at Cell Processor Struggles and you'd have still been fairly spot on........
Tue 14/11/06 at 16:25
Regular
Garin wrote:
> To be to absolutely fair, its got practically nothing to do with
> the Cell processor anyway, backward compatibility is handled
> elsewhere on the machine.

I concur, but I figured 'Parts of the PS3 Struggle with PSOne Game' didn't cut it as a snappy title with anti-Sony bias compared with the current trend of other snappy titles with anti-Sony bias like:

"PS3 forces us to get our game on in Japanese only"
"Boomerang Controller LIVES!"
"Big Problems for Sony PS3"
"PS3 Fails To Topple 360 Sales"
"Initial PS3 units plagued by software glitch"
"My PS3 Scratched in 3 Seconds"
"PS3 Media Playback: Complicated"
"PS3 May Not Live Up To Expectations"

which are all currently doing the rounds.
Tue 14/11/06 at 15:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> To be fair, it's probably just Sony's lack of software expertise
> that caused this news report rather than the Cell processor, but
> if Sony are happy to launch a console knowing full well that 200
> titles that are supposed to be backwards compatible aren't really
> working properly, what else haven't they told us?

To be to absolutely fair, its got practically nothing to do with the Cell processor anyway, backward compatibility is handled elsewhere on the machine.
Tue 14/11/06 at 12:50
Regular
"8==="
Expect the journo's to grill them* about it.

*With their own console
Tue 14/11/06 at 12:45
Regular
PS3 Game Glitches

To be fair, it's probably just Sony's lack of software expertise that caused this news report rather than the Cell processor, but if Sony are happy to launch a console knowing full well that 200 titles that are supposed to be backwards compatible aren't really working properly, what else haven't they told us?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.