GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going to see Jersey Girl tomorrow"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/06/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yep.

Hope it's good.
Thu 17/06/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yep.

Hope it's good.
Thu 17/06/04 at 10:50
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Jersey Girl thats for girls
Thu 17/06/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Thanks for your input.
Thu 17/06/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
CDouch wrote:
> Thanks for your input.

your welcome.
Thu 17/06/04 at 13:04
Regular
Apparently it's a fell good comedy by numbers generic sapfest.

I think I'll give it a miss and look forward to Fletch.
Thu 17/06/04 at 13:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
i might try to see it tomorrow too, £3.20 for a showing before 12pm
Thu 17/06/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Apparently it's a fell good comedy by numbers generic sapfest.
>
> I think I'll give it a miss and look forward to Fletch.

You'll be waiting a long time. He's got his secret, small film coming next. That's what I'm really looking forward to, it's actually already one of my most anticipated films. Plus he's still got to finish writing The Green Hornet and possibly direct it.

I've got quite high hopes for Jersey Girl. By no means am I expected to see Smith's best piece of work. I'm just expecting an entertaining hour and just over a half of entertainment from one of my favourite directors.
Thu 17/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Insert Gently"
It looks awful
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:06
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Jay and Silent Bob aren't in it, which despite what Kevin Smith thinks are the funniest thing about his films.

Plus boring Affleck and J-Lo are in it, whoooo.

This is soo gonna be a chick flick with one or two nob jokes.

Is Jason Lee in it? I can't remember.
Sun 20/06/04 at 21:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Been away so haven't had a chance to give my opinion.

Well, I loved it. That's right, loved it. Call me a girl or a gay if you want but I thought it was fantastic. Too tired to really go into detail on it but it was so good that it made me feel sad when Jenny From The Block dies. Although this is his most serious film, there's still plenty of laughs (the whole Fresh Prince thing...Genius!) and don't be put off by the 12A certificate, there's a whole lot of bad language and adult humour in there.

Smith hasn't sold out with Jersey Girl. What he's done here is make a film that proves he is a filmmaker that deserves respect; not just from his loyal fans, but film goers everywhere. His use of the camera has improved and he's still one of the funniest and most exciting directors around.

Don't be one of those idiots who think it'll be crap and just for girls because of Benifer's involvement in it. Trust me on this one people, it's worth a watch. Much more so than most of the junk around that a lot of you feed your eyes with (Van Helsing etc). It's defiantly not his most enjoyable film and is by no means my favourite, but hey a bad Kevin Smith film is still better than a lot of the other films out there.

And yes Lee is in it briefly. Very briefly but he's there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.