GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shizzle ma nizzle homie (NBA Street 3)..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'NBA Street Homecourt'.
Fri 25/02/05 at 17:32
Regular
Just been playing NBA Street 3 for the last hour or so, sweet as pus*y!

A quick summary...

Way better than NBA Street 2, the trick stick is awesome, the controllable game-breakers shizzle ma nizzle, visually sweet, soundtracks suck extreme peni, controls are pretty much the same (shoulder buttons for turbo), dunking contest is quality (no doubt it will bore eventually), character creation is very deep (like yo mommas ass), overall a quality game. Haven't even started the Street competitions yet, just been messsing around with Practice, Dunking and a few Exhibitions.

Oh and the Cage.
Sun 13/03/05 at 06:23
Regular
"8==="
I'll stick with Arch Rivals on Arcade Classics 2.
Sat 12/03/05 at 23:45
Regular
It's fricking ages since I last sat down and played a console game without breaking off 10 minutes in due to boredom. Last night/early this morning I played it about 5 hours straight from 10:00pm onwards, such a sweet game, even after crazy amounts of time which the first two in the series didn't really have, after a few hours they grew boring and there wasn't much else to do, here though it is so much different.

Spent a good couple of hours creating a new baller for Street Challenge which I keep restarting when I realise what a camp c*ck sucker he really looks, it is quite a skill making a 300lb 7ft2" black guy from Philli look like he takes the dirt track as his preferred method of sexual transportation but I hit the nail on the head each time. A few games in I tackled the create a shoe mode where you pick a trainer design (Adidas/Reebok) and then create absolutely everything on the trainer from the trim colour, the design of the 3 stripes, whether you want your name/home town printed on it etc etc. In the end I settled for these leopard skinned Adidas mid tracks with gold and black trim, pretty much what you would expect a home boy to where, they looked pretty sweet actually.

Every time I go to create a new court it amazes me what they offer you in the way customising the court. You can choose how many people you want the court surroundings to hold, the graffiti around the court, the outer setting (i.e. Bronx school yard, factory, back street etc), the line colour, backboard design, whether you want the sun to shine on the court, how it looks during the day/lighting at night. You can even have a UGV at side court with a 'phat' sub which actually puts more bass to the music, really incredible.

Got a contract during the 3rd week to play for Miami Heat as well. This adds a hell of a lot more personalisation as you play in the real NBA Street league once/twice a week against the real teams. Rather than taking your whole crew with you you drop in as the 3rd man but you also control the fully fledged NBA ballers just like you would in an ordinary street game.

Got seriously ass raped by Shaq in a dunk contest at Venice Beach. Tried clearing a couple of turn tables whilst trying to pull of really crazy moves only to fall on my ass feeling really stupid.

With the possible exceptions of Half-Life 2(inc Counter-Strike Source)/Metal Gear Solid 3/Dead or Alive Ultimate I haven't played a better game in years. The fact you can take the whole Street Challenge online and build your guy up in exactly the same way just adds a ridiculous amount of depth to what is an already cracking game.

Massive thumbs up to EA on this one.
Sat 05/03/05 at 00:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah - cause the tards just seem to multiply in numbers. Maybe they should shut those fox hunters up by giving them a new sport - chav hunting. They get their hunting back as well as controlling the numbers.
Fri 04/03/05 at 22:58
Regular
": ("
Everyone seems to be mentioning Chavs these days...
Fri 04/03/05 at 11:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its even funnier when you hear the chavs trying their hand at the talk. You should see the looks Juls gives them when she hears it.
Fri 04/03/05 at 08:58
Regular
I think it goes to show what lazy ba*tards EA are.

Rather than weaking it for all regions so that you don't have the 50hz/60hz gamers can't play each other crap as well as using Microsoft's servers they just cut the game down to one region and still stick with their own servers.

According to a couple of guys it is a pretty niche game on LIVE where everyone know everyone else and no one leaves the game half way through. My closest defeat was 21-19 but even with the massive 21-10 hammering it was excellent fun to play.

There are a hell of a lot of wiggas (like my original post only they are being serious), at one point I had to mute the mic as I was just alughing my head off "Hoe shine n**ga, the hammerdown for show". When you hear kids from a stable background seriously talking like this you can't help but laugh, especially the way they say it, they really aren't joking on any level.

It's time to bless America again and all the Sunshine bus stops and inbred children :)
Fri 04/03/05 at 03:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I really like the NBA Street games. But I refuse to buy them now until EA stop being a bunch of prats and include the Live part of the game over here. Pretty disgusting how the U.S gets to go online and we don't.

So yeah, EA can sod off when it comes to my money until they're prepared to give me the full game.
Fri 04/03/05 at 00:02
Regular
Damn you and your American console!

I'll wait for it to come down in price until I bother getting a PAL copy.
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:49
Regular
Online impressions (for those who give a sh*t)...

Quite excellent to be hones**t, has been ages since I las**t sat down and played a LIVE game. It's so huge online that it could warrant a separate game on its own.

Firs**tly you s**tart off by creating a new baller for the online play. You can completely cus**tomise your baller from eyebrow s**tyle, chin length, hair s**tyle, colour, it is possibly one of the mos**t comprehensive create a character sections I have ever seen, on a par with the likes of WWE Attitude. Things like new tops, trainers etc cos**t SP points which you don't have when you firs**t kick off. You do get 10,000 points to upgrade your baller's skills which sounds a lot but it isn't even enough to create a balanced baller and s**till have enough to allow him/her to pull off level two moves without falling over.

Basically to pull of a level one every time you need around 20-25, level two around 50-55 and level three over 75 (all out of 100) and even this doesn't guarantee you will pull them off every time without fail.

After you have gone through the enormous character creation process you get to choose an area of America you want your baller to play in (Phili is where it’s at home boy... or so I was told by this 12 year old American ;)). This area is where you will play on your own court which is next in the creation process. Creating a court early on is pointless as it requires more SP points which you don't have to s**tart off with; because of this you can't buy anything decent and might as well jus**t head out to play others. Once again though I had a gander through the court creation process and it is absolutely f**king huge, everything from line colour, net type, surface type, surface colour, emblems on the court etc, you get the idea.

After this you head out onto a map of America, from here you can see how many ballers are currently in that particular area and you can then join the huge lobby for your chosen area. You can select who you want to play, cus**tomise the game type (i.e. exhibition for messing around, game breakers on/off, ranked games, world tour, lobby tournament etc) and you can also challenge who you want, where you want and when you want, pish easy.

These s**tats show your opponents Rep (points), number of disconnections, victories/losses and agains**t what type of game mode they won/los**t in.

The actual games themselves ran very well, especially for a UK to US connection. I played 5, los**t 5 but didn't have any Network problems which was a bonus. Another feature is the ability for the person in possession to pause the game twice per match which is a pretty handy feature.

On the whole I have very briefly outlined what you get and I am impressed. Burnout 3 was a fricking joke online with all the bugs but it looks like EA have put a lot of things right with NBA Street V3. If I was choosing between a UK and US console after playing this online, I may be tempted to go with the latter, can't believe they didn't make it online world wide as it really is the mutties nutties.
Sun 27/02/05 at 08:52
Regular
": ("
Is it actually online or are you in america or something? I want it but I want it to be online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.