GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Theory of infinity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/06/04 at 16:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
If space is infinite, which is almost definitely is, then by all sense of logic there is every possible manner of existence out there, and thus it is a near certainty that millions of light years away there are duplicates also.

So, from my reasoning there is every single possible variation of the life that you lead going on somewhere in the vastness of space. Perhaps a minor decision you made in your life, such as skipping school one day to scuttle down to the park prevented you from getting a grade A in science in your exams, which in turn prevented you going to medical school and joining a medical research team and consequently not discovering the cure for the common cold. Perhaps the example is slightly far-fetched but if every eventuality of life is possible, which theoretically it is through an infinitum number of existences, in one scenario you are the highest power of all; perhaps a Dictator or a King, and in another scenario you are the lowliest peasant.

Again theoretically someone has already written these very words countless millions of times, and using the same theory they will be written many more millions of times. In another existence you have almost certainly already read these very words before, perhaps seated on your singular wooden bench in your peasant shack, or again maybe you read these words in the back of your solid gold helicopter whilst attending a world summit.

If space is infinite and there are countless levels of existence then surely the concept of there being a God is by no means nonsense. Theoretically if it can logically be assumed then it can, and probably has or will happen, thus making ever religion on Earth plausible. Basically if it cannot be presumed that space is finite then nothing can strictly be disproved, only assumed.
Sun 06/06/04 at 19:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've got two rubbers in my bedside drawer and that all I need

Ever.
Sun 06/06/04 at 17:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Parallel dimensions is a similar theory, and it is a possibility a
> lot of top scientists have toyed with. Again though, we just have no
> idea if it is possible. If there was another dimension for each
> possible outcome, then you would have to have infinite dimensions.
> Now that is one baffling concept.

Rubber shares just went up.
Sun 06/06/04 at 16:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
Memorandum! wrote:
> If you're going to be pedantic, at least get it right:
>
> definitely

Gah, foiled again!
Sun 06/06/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
The infinity and beyond!
Sun 06/06/04 at 15:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Paradox: wrote:
> 1) definately

If you're going to be pedantic, at least get it right:

definitely
Sun 06/06/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Scientist theorise that nothing can travel faster then the speed of light, because it would take infinite amount of energy. If this is true, then space is obviously not infinite.
If the big bang theory is correct, space isnt infinite.

To be honest, i have no idea.
Sun 06/06/04 at 11:25
Regular
Read the book "Starmaker" by Olaf Stapledon.

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1857988078/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/202-1378050-3007003[/URL]

it'll, to use blunt terms, batter your head
Sun 06/06/04 at 11:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
Baffling but strangely comforting.
Sun 06/06/04 at 11:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
> How long did it take you to come up with that one, PIIIIG ?

Oi, I've just woken up and I'm a little nervous about the cricket match I'm playing in, in about an hour and a half. It's the first time I've played in about 3-4 years.

Anyway, I thought the universe was not infinite and arced?
Sun 06/06/04 at 11:19
Regular
> If space is infinite, which is almost definitely is,

Space seems to be infinite, but we really have no way of knowing whether it is or not. Our tiny human brains possibly cannot get around just how massive the universe is, but surely the idea that spacial infinity is possible, is harder to understand. I personally believe it isn't infinite, it's just that we couldn't ever hope to travel far enough to see the boundaries of it. Although chances are, our race will be long gone before we can learn the truth - unless a grand universal theory is reached, in which case we will know everything there is to know. which would be nice.

> So, from my reasoning there is every single possible variation of the
> life that you lead going on somewhere in the vastness of space.
> Perhaps a minor decision you made in your life, such as skipping
> school one day to scuttle down to the park prevented you from getting
> a grade A in science in your exams, which in turn prevented you going
> to medical school and joining a medical research team and
> consequently not discovering the cure for the common cold. Perhaps
> the example is slightly far-fetched but if every eventuality of life
> is possible, which theoretically it is through an infinitum number of
> existences, in one scenario you are the highest power of all; perhaps
> a Dictator or a King, and in another scenario you are the lowliest
> peasant.

Parallel dimensions is a similar theory, and it is a possibility a lot of top scientists have toyed with. Again though, we just have no idea if it is possible. If there was another dimension for each possible outcome, then you would have to have infinite dimensions. Now that is one baffling concept.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.