GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is GTA really that good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I myself have become a big GTA fan, particularly of Vice City. I suddenly thought to myself the other day, why do I like it? I mean look at the state of it, especially the latest installment San Andreas. The graphics are beyond crap, it is very glitchy and the gameplay can be very awkward.

I took a step back and realised that it is a combination of some very shoddy core elements held together by the less important things. The huge free-roaming element doesn't really compensate any more because it simply isn't the novelty it used to be. So please, why the hell is it still considered to be better than God?
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I myself have become a big GTA fan, particularly of Vice City. I suddenly thought to myself the other day, why do I like it? I mean look at the state of it, especially the latest installment San Andreas. The graphics are beyond crap, it is very glitchy and the gameplay can be very awkward.

I took a step back and realised that it is a combination of some very shoddy core elements held together by the less important things. The huge free-roaming element doesn't really compensate any more because it simply isn't the novelty it used to be. So please, why the hell is it still considered to be better than God?
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I didnt even bother buying San Andreas...i got bored with Vice City after a while and i don'y see how San Andreas can be that much different
Sun 06/03/05 at 12:46
"Retarded List"
I'm waiting for the Xbox version. Hope it won't just be a straight port, hopefully they'll adjust it as was the case with the Xbox Double Pack
Sun 06/03/05 at 14:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I still like GTA simply because it's fun, and that's the only reason you really need.

On another note, I read about a game the other week, can't remember the name of it but John Singleton (Director of Boyz n' the Hood) is said to be heavily involved with it. It's going to be free roaming like San Andreas, and obviously set in South Central LA. It's due for release in November and I think it could well be a surprise hit, if only I could recall the name of it. Anyone know what game I'm on about?
Sun 06/03/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's a fun game with quite a bit to do that keeps me interested until the end credits. I like it but i wouldn't be rushing to put it into my top 10 games of all time list
Mon 07/03/05 at 18:27
Regular
"kill my enemys"
When i rented it,it really dissapointed me.
Mon 07/03/05 at 18:37
Regular
": ("
Games aren't there for you to just look at, they're there for you to play.
Mon 07/03/05 at 18:53
Regular
"8==="
REZ is probably 33.3% Listening 33.3% playing and 33.3% viewing.

And 0.1% other ;)
Mon 07/03/05 at 18:56
Regular
": ("
What is REZ?
Tue 08/03/05 at 18:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
A crazy psychadelic shooter game with great music.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.