GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are computers so STUPID?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Me and young nashboy have just spent one and a half ballsing hours attempting to play Operation Flashpoint online against each other.

All we wanted was to have a nice little co-op game with just us, no one else, nothing too complicated. It should be like phoning someone up and talking to them.

Was it hell.

First, we have different editions of the same game. Why are there different editions of the sme exact game you ask me? Who bloody knows is my answer. We just wanted to play the original Op Flash but NOOOO the stupid GOTY edition wouldn't let us. It kept crashing.

So I installed all the add ons and everything, but could we play? Take a wild guess. We needed to patch up to the same version.

But could we do that? Did the patches work?

No

Is there any way to solve this problem?

No

Are we extremely ballsed off?

Yes

why can't things be simple?

This is why I hate online gaming with all my cold, cold heart.

And don't tell me that Live is easier because I know that it isn't.

Why does everything have to be so damn hard nowadays?
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Me and young nashboy have just spent one and a half ballsing hours attempting to play Operation Flashpoint online against each other.

All we wanted was to have a nice little co-op game with just us, no one else, nothing too complicated. It should be like phoning someone up and talking to them.

Was it hell.

First, we have different editions of the same game. Why are there different editions of the sme exact game you ask me? Who bloody knows is my answer. We just wanted to play the original Op Flash but NOOOO the stupid GOTY edition wouldn't let us. It kept crashing.

So I installed all the add ons and everything, but could we play? Take a wild guess. We needed to patch up to the same version.

But could we do that? Did the patches work?

No

Is there any way to solve this problem?

No

Are we extremely ballsed off?

Yes

why can't things be simple?

This is why I hate online gaming with all my cold, cold heart.

And don't tell me that Live is easier because I know that it isn't.

Why does everything have to be so damn hard nowadays?
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:57
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The topic title should read "Why is Windows so crap?".
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:59
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
why where's you both fully patched up beforehand? did you not realise that you were playing a pc game?
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I remeber trying to get dos games to work. In a lot of cases the three + hours trying to squeeze the best performance out of the title were more fun than the title itself.

sadest momeny was going to bios to get another couple of frames a second out of Doom, on a 486 25 Mhz.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I remember buying a 486DX66 processor so I could play Doom in "hi-res".
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Timmargh wrote:
> I remember buying a 486DX66 processor so I could play Doom in
> "hi-res".

Bwhahahha. Trade descriptions act. It's either "320x240, and so blocky you can't tell whats happening, or true 320x240" :)

Happy days..........

As a side note, even if a title plays perfectly well in 1024 x 768, I'll still run it in 800 x 600 cause I preferto see pixels.

Weird I know.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, someitmes PC gaming can leave you feeling cold.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'll take frame-rate over resolution any day of the week..
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
yiiiiiip, been havinf HUGE hassles with Enemy Terrtory for a cupla days now :-\
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Tee hee!! I remember having to make boot disks for each dos game! so that the system would allocate 640k base memory!! The Tie Fighter bootdisk was my masterpiece.

Oh and my windows 95 Magic carpet dos environment programming was ace!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.