GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OPS2M info"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 11:52
Regular
I got my subscription copy of the latest Official PS2 mag through today - brief details for those interested (as I know you usually are):

Coverdisc:
Playable demos:
Star Wars: Starfighter
Sky Odyssey
Warriors of Might and Magic

Video footage:
Red Faction
F1 2001
SSX
Shadowman 2
ZOE
Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
MDK2: Armageddon
Bloody Roar 3
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Gun Griffon Blaze

Magazine:
World Exclusive review of PS2 Crazy Taxi, info on Commandos 2 and other WW2 games, RE:CV and Devil May Cry

News about: Sega's Headhunter, Hidden & Dangerous 2, Escape from Monkey Island, Ecco the Dolphin, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Battle of the Planets.

One of the most interesting parts (for me anyway) is on page 47, where there's more news on Dropship; it is *not* an RTS game; instead it is "a melding of flight sim, strategy game and action. It's described as "one of PS2's most exciting and original" games. Can't wait! :-)
Fri 20/04/01 at 11:52
"High polygon count"
I got my subscription copy of the latest Official PS2 mag through today - brief details for those interested (as I know you usually are):

Coverdisc:
Playable demos:
Star Wars: Starfighter
Sky Odyssey
Warriors of Might and Magic

Video footage:
Red Faction
F1 2001
SSX
Shadowman 2
ZOE
Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
MDK2: Armageddon
Bloody Roar 3
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Gun Griffon Blaze

Magazine:
World Exclusive review of PS2 Crazy Taxi, info on Commandos 2 and other WW2 games, RE:CV and Devil May Cry

News about: Sega's Headhunter, Hidden & Dangerous 2, Escape from Monkey Island, Ecco the Dolphin, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Battle of the Planets.

One of the most interesting parts (for me anyway) is on page 47, where there's more news on Dropship; it is *not* an RTS game; instead it is "a melding of flight sim, strategy game and action. It's described as "one of PS2's most exciting and original" games. Can't wait! :-)
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:14
Excellent. Sky Oddysey is one of those games (for me at least) where I wanted a demo to make up my mind whether it's worth getting. It certainly looks interesting.

Battle of the Planets? Fantastic..... When will someone do a Chorlton and the Wheelies game? ;-)
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Cheers Wookiee!

Your right, I do like to know what the months issue is about etc.

Not too pleased on the playable section though, not my cup of tea really.

I'm looking forward to see Red Raction though.

Thanks again.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:34
Regular
Wookiee Monster did write:
> Video
> footage:
> Red Faction
> F1 2001
> SSX
> Shadowman 2

Not too bothered about the bottom three, but I`m dying to see some Red Faction. There was about 10 seconds of footage at ign when I looked a few months ago, so I`d love to see some more.

> ZOE
> Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
> MDK2: Armageddon

Again, 2/3. I`d like to see what Super Bombay Mix is like. If its fun and looks good, it may be worth it, but I`m not in the mood for criticism from my immature N64 owning friends if its less good than Mario Kart.

> Bloody Roar 3
> Giants: Citizen Kabuto
> Gun Griffon Blaze

Well, there`s always a part of every disc that I can`t be bothered to look at, and this is it!

Magazine:
World Exclusive review of PS2 Crazy Taxi, info
> on Commandos 2 and other WW2 games, RE:CV and Devil May Cry

Sounds good. Did OPSM2 have a starfighter review last issue, its just I`m still waiting for a review in PSM2 about Starfighter,

News
> about: Sega's Headhunter, Hidden & Dangerous 2, Escape from
> Monkey Island, Ecco the Dolphin, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Battle of
> the Planets.

I always wanted an ECCO game, but never went for it. Perhaps this time....

One of the most interesting parts (for me anyway) is
> on page 47, where there's more news on Dropship; it is *not* an RTS
> game; instead it is "a melding of flight sim, strategy game and
> action. It's described as "one of PS2's most exciting and
> original" games. Can't wait! :-)

I already have a section of my website set aside for this game!

Thanks Mr Wookiee.
Wed 25/04/01 at 21:21
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> but I`m dying to see some Red Faction. There was about 10
> seconds of footage at ign when I looked a few months ago,
> so I`d love to see some more.

Go back there now! There's stacks more clips and pictures!

http://ps2.ign.com/previews/15003.html

> I`d like to see what Super Bombay Mix is like. If its fun and looks
> good, it may be worth it

:-) Like it!

I'm keeping an eye on that - looks interesting, as you control both characters at the same time, using the respective side of the pad!

> Did OPSM2 have a starfighter review last issue, its just
> I`m still waiting for a review in PSM2 about Starfighter,

They had the review in the last issue, not the current issue. PSM2 should follow soon.
Thu 26/04/01 at 10:35
Starfighter is in the current issue of PSM2. They give it 85 (very good score for them). The cover game is F1 2001. I'm hoping it's good. I know it's sacrilege, but I wasn't that keen on Geoff Crammond's GP3 - it seemed a little rushed. In fact I haven't truly enjoyed a F1 game since the Amiga!
Thu 26/04/01 at 10:39
WM - Are you talking about Kuri Kuri Mix? Or does Super Bombad thingy have that control mechanism too?
Thu 26/04/01 at 12:08
"High polygon count"
I was talking abuot Kuri Kuri Mix - I assumed (wrongly it seems!) that "Super Bombay Mix" was a pun on the Kuri/curry angle. Sorry!
Thu 26/04/01 at 12:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sky Odyssey has interested me from launch day.

Getting it at lunchtime to see what's what with it before I purchase this one.
Thu 26/04/01 at 12:49
Mind you, this has got me thinking about other curry based games. How about

Red Dansaktion
Star Wars Saagfighter
Tikka Tag Tournament
Metal Panir Solid (with a Chaff starter)
Nan Turismo
MDK2 Kormageddon

and of course, The Takeaway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.