GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've been "Ganked""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:03
Regular
Ok on the official WOW Europe site they have a word for when you get the crap kicked out of you when're already in a fight with a NPC or get killed by a guy 20 levels above you: "ganked". So I’ve decided to make a list of the assholles who have "ganked" me or corpse camped me and I want you to post yours too. Why? Because they deserve to be laughed at.

Original post:
[URL]http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp-en&t=5184&p=1&tmp=1#post5184[/URL]

I'll start us off:

Pointy and Totemraiser (Two shamans) - Attacked me as I was fighting another guy then pretended to leave so when I respawned they could run out from the bushes and smite me. Cowardly and very sad. I pity thee

Enstropa - Me and a level 35 (someone I just met) were standing at a bay and he comes along and my "friend" decides to leave the game and so I’m left with him its obvious he can kill me so I do the beg emotion a few times to try and get him to let me pass, but no he goes stealth and murders me and runs off, well done I bet that makes you feel real strong and cool doesn’t it? Loser.

Nerds.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:03
Regular
Ok on the official WOW Europe site they have a word for when you get the crap kicked out of you when're already in a fight with a NPC or get killed by a guy 20 levels above you: "ganked". So I’ve decided to make a list of the assholles who have "ganked" me or corpse camped me and I want you to post yours too. Why? Because they deserve to be laughed at.

Original post:
[URL]http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp-en&t=5184&p=1&tmp=1#post5184[/URL]

I'll start us off:

Pointy and Totemraiser (Two shamans) - Attacked me as I was fighting another guy then pretended to leave so when I respawned they could run out from the bushes and smite me. Cowardly and very sad. I pity thee

Enstropa - Me and a level 35 (someone I just met) were standing at a bay and he comes along and my "friend" decides to leave the game and so I’m left with him its obvious he can kill me so I do the beg emotion a few times to try and get him to let me pass, but no he goes stealth and murders me and runs off, well done I bet that makes you feel real strong and cool doesn’t it? Loser.

Nerds.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Gutted.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:07
Regular
After all the time you've spent on it, you've only just been ganked?

and listing them is rather pointless, since there's many different servers.
Unless you list the server name next to them.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Isn't that the idea of the game?
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:10
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Isn't that the idea of the game?

In PVP, pretty much. Although it is a little cowardly to attack/gang up on someone a significant number of levels lower than you.

You go into a Contested/Enemy area, you have to expect it.

If it gets too much, you just Spirit Heal and Hearthstone out.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:11
Regular
Naw I’ve been ganked loads of times I just only now could be assed to post and yes it is the point of the game, but it is annoying.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ganked is also a general term for being ganged up on.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:22
Regular
That’s is a regular occurrence. Never have I seen a guy a level below me or a level above stand and fight they ALWAYS run and get another person or twenty. Then they complain we don’t fight, idiots.
Mon 07/03/05 at 11:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tw*ts online are t*ats online.

They exist in every single goddamn online game.
Mon 07/03/05 at 11:57
Regular
It went down well with the Europe forum nerds.

Oh yay.

twunts

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.