GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Leicester"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/05/04 at 15:32
Regular
Keep the lead!

Gooners will never shut up if they dont!
Wed 19/05/04 at 20:06
"High polygon count"
Foreman wrote:
> Wonder if Arsenal can go 3 seasons unbeaten, just like Steua
> Burcharest did.

I doubt it. I don't think this season was a fluke at all, but I'm sure we'll lose games next season. Probably the first game!
Wed 19/05/04 at 20:05
"High polygon count"
Don or†ega wrote:
> This point just aint valid. Fergie turned around a club which hadnt
> won the league in 20 odd years

Yes, but only after getting nowhere and facing the sack!

> while wenger took over a club which
> won the championship 5 years prior to him joining.

But haven't you always been better than us? Don't tell me you found a cure for the dreaded ManYoo strain of Alzheimer's! ;-)

> Sure, wenger won the double in his second season

First full season in charge.

> but it then took him 4 seasons to win anything again!

True. But in that time the famous back line was breaking up and he was restructuring the team.

> Single seasons dont mean anything in the bigger picture.

No, but 5 major tropies in 8 years does. Particularly when you're up against the "might" of clubs (including Chelsea now) with way in excess of your spending power.

We are still fighting an uphill battle at the moment, and doing pretty darn well. When the new stadium is ready and the funding increases, and the playing field is levelled considerably, it should be easier and more regular.

> Defending the title is much harder than winning it the first time, as
> i'm sure Wenger will agree with!

Even harder when everyone wants to end your unbeaten run as well as beat the champions!

Of course, but for our spectacular collapse last season (everyone knows that you didn't take the trophy back, we pretty much handed it to you), we would now have had the trophy for 3 seasons. Look at it that way, and your win last season was a fluke.

I wouldn't bet against us retaining it next year. That's not to say that we will retain it, just that it's more likely than previous seasons.

And when we don't win, we are at least 2nd! ;-p

I'm sure next season will be a battle yet again. But if any of the rumours regarding comings and goings at United prove to be true, it'll be between Arsenal and Chelsea! :-) Erm... again...?!
Wed 19/05/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
2-0 down and 2-2 half time I seem to remember.

If Kanoute hadn't stopped when clean through, you wouldn't be laughing now.

Oh Kanoute you baloon!
Wed 19/05/04 at 08:35
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Foreman wrote:
> Wonder if Arsenal can go 3 seasons unbeaten, just like Steua
> Burcharest did.
>
> I wouldn't bet against them with the team spirit they got.

That's really pushing it. While Arsenal are good, yes, they're not invincible. Manchester United did beat them in the F.A. Cup, Chelsea in the Champions League and just last week against Leicester City, they were losing and have been behind in matches a few times this season. I highly, highly doubt Arsenal can keep going unbeaten during the rest of next season, let alone the one after that.
Wed 19/05/04 at 00:04
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> And of course, Wenger has now won 5 tropies in his first 8 years at
> the club. If memory serves me correctly, it was 8 years before
> Fergie won anything at United...? And of course, much, much
> longer before he won the Champion's League.

This point just aint valid. Fergie turned around a club which hadnt won the league in 20 odd years while wenger took over a club which won the championship 5 years prior to him joining.

Sure, wenger won the double in his second season, but it then took him 4 seasons to win anything again! 4 years of nothing but dust in the trophy cabinet!

Single seasons dont mean anything in the bigger picture. Liverpool finished 5th in '81 after winning successive titles but then went on to win it 3 times in a row!

Defending the title is much harder than winning it the first time, as i'm sure Wenger will agree with!
Tue 18/05/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Wonder if Arsenal can go 3 seasons unbeaten, just like Steua Burcharest did.

I wouldn't bet against them with the team spirit they got.
Tue 18/05/04 at 20:13
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> And of course, Wenger has now won 5 tropies in his first 8 years at
> the club. If memory serves me correctly, it was 8 years before
> Fergie won anything at United...? And of course, much, much
> longer before he won the Champion's League.

He left Aberdeen in 86 to take the job and won the FA Cup in 1990. So that would be 4 years.
Tue 18/05/04 at 00:21
"High polygon count"
It's only because we won it with 4 games to go. Had another win been absolutely necessary to get the title, we'd have had 93 points... or more!

But we have to leave you with something. We've taken so much from you.

It's better chipping away at you a few records at a time, dragging out the agony. :-) You know we'll have them all eventually!

And of course, Wenger has now won 5 tropies in his first 8 years at the club. If memory serves me correctly, it was 8 years before Fergie won anything at United...? And of course, much, much longer before he won the Champion's League.

So by my reckoning, we're doing a pretty storming job. When the new stadium is completed and we can compete financially too...

Oof, there's a scary thought for you! ;-)
Tue 18/05/04 at 00:15
Regular
Even so, that was said after united won the (20 team)premiership with a record 91 points. 1 point more so than arsenal this year :p
Mon 17/05/04 at 15:25
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/19837.html

[URL]http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/19837.html[/URL]

Bit of comic relief, to end the working day. Thanks! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.