GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Troy is pants then"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/05/04 at 17:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Daily Telegraph

It's a disgrace. As an adaptation of The Iliad, it's a pathetic joke. But even on its own crude, blockbusting terms, Troy feels like a depressingly ordinary Lord of the Rings spin-off, peppered with uninvolving battle scenes and self-important intrigue

Lots of reviews I've read slate the film and it is amazing that they've removed the Gods from this Greek mythological tragedy. It looks like Hollywood have created another big budget dumbed-down film for the simpletons of this world.

I'll watch it and make up my own mind of course, but I fear the worst.
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
I did Higher Latin at school, and one of our exams was on our interpretation of a huge chuck of the Aenead.

We had to cover the part where he goes to the Underworld, that's why I liked the references to it in Troy, they were actually acurate.
Mon 17/05/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bonus wrote:
> We need a movie or a game of the Aenead, and we need one now :D

Weird you should mention this, I've just been lent a copy of the book.
Sun 16/05/04 at 23:59
Regular
Troy was good.

It was an adaptation of the Iliad to make the thing seem like it actually happened that way, and not like some made up story.

Maybe people who wanted an actual film of the Iliad would have been disappointed, but I doubt anyone here has actually seen a copy of The Iliad, never mind read it.

I'd like to see the Aenead done as a film. Anyone who has seen Troy, but is interested in the whole Mythology of the Underworld, the River Styx and the Boatman should go see this.

I hate Harry Potter for turning the fearful Cerberus into a puppy dog.

We need a movie or a game of the Aenead, and we need one now :D
Sun 16/05/04 at 12:23
Regular
This is the second film that looks like it will disappoint me this summer, I was looking forward to the concept of Van Helsing, and this, but reviews haven't been great.

Guess I'll find out for myself soon enough. (I just know Sean Bean as Odysseus will rule though - they should do a sequel of The Odyssey)
Sat 15/05/04 at 21:56
Regular
Went and saw it. Pretty good, although it was extremely long and was interspersed with very long and boring talking.

The action was impressive CGI wise, but it wasnt actually that interesting, and Achilles only seemed to have one cool move which he milks completely throughout the film.

And the story has been changed a hell of a lot. *shakes fist angrily*
Sat 15/05/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Hopefully it won't be as bad as they say it is, as I am going to see it.
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:24
Regular
*unearthly silence*

*tumbleweed*
Sat 15/05/04 at 07:01
Regular
Would anyone else oppose the public removal of the hands (or tongue) of Paul Ross, so we aren't subjected to his madness?
Fri 14/05/04 at 18:48
Regular
Wait.
THey've adapted the wrong part, it's what's DIRECTLY before the hrse that's good, not waaaaaaaay before the horse.
Fri 14/05/04 at 18:24
Regular
"It's Vantastic" -Paul Ross on Van Helsing

*cringes*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.