GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"John Bradshaw Layfield...what an idiot!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 15:14
Regular
"..."
It must be open season on Internet fans, first Ric Flair goes off on one because an interview used the terms 'Face' and 'Heel' and now Bradshaw's latest column at WWE.com carries on where slic Ric left off. Bradshaw rants about his internet detractors saying we only critices him because we're 'jealous' and like the guys he used to bully at school. Then he goes on to question our sexual orientation (very PC Mr. Layfield, I'm sure your buddys at the TV station would like to read this homophobic rant...might just e-mail them the article...) and suggest that his current run proves he can draw...boy he's gonna get a shock when the Judgement day buy-rates come in...
Sun 06/06/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I agree jbl is an idiot
Tue 18/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
"..."
I think he wrote what he was feeling with the convinient excuse of being able to say it was in character...

I think WWE could capitalise on this though with a new characetr...bring in Mike 'Nova' Bucci (he's got to be good for a TV debut by now?) and give him the character of an 'Internet Fan' annoyed with what Bradshaw has been saying about the IWC. Mike could really pull off a 'geeky' gimmick, he did in ECW...
Sun 16/05/04 at 12:18
Regular
Anyone else visit PWInsider.com? Great website.

Anyway, they make the interesting point that Bradshaw perhaps wrote the column to cover for his match on Sunday - if it stinks (which I don't think it will because of Eddie, but it won't be a classic, that's for sure), and the Internet fans rip into him for being crap, he can say they're writing it on purpose because of the column.
Sat 15/05/04 at 23:42
Regular
"English N Proud"
i like Bradshaw but there's no way he should be main eventing, he should be in the US title hunt.
Sat 15/05/04 at 22:09
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
The article was a big mistake for a brand that's already failing enough. It doesn't further his character by making us think, "Well, he didn't say that before, but I see why he's said it now." It doesn't generate any sort of useful anti-JBL heat. All it does is just inspire the feelings we've seen here.

And that's just if it was kayfabe, after all.

Why on earth did they do it? I just don't understand... just as Raw picks up, SD! goes down the toilet.

Let's get a respectable and talented champion and give him a jobber to main event with!!! etc
Sat 15/05/04 at 08:27
Regular
And that fact that if he was saying it in character, more then half the people on the Internet probably didn't realise that. Therefore, they're gunna think that he's not in character, and that he's generally p'd off.

Now that can't be good for the biz, can it.
Sat 15/05/04 at 07:03
Regular
In a word, yup.
Fri 14/05/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
You think he's THAT unprofessional?
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:51
Regular
Raven-ous wrote:
> You people are odd. I am not debating whether it was a good idea or
> not. nor am I questioning that everyone thinks he's a piece of s**t.
> I'm just letting you know that the article was all part of his
> gimmick, because evidently alot of you didn't get that.

I honestly don't think its all part of his gimmick - sure, that may have been why he was given the go-ahead to write it, but he is blatently peed off that fans on the internet are saying that he can't draw or even have a long, decent match and thats what the thrust of his comments are based on.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:49
Regular
The thing is, he is alienating (in internet fans) perhaps the whatever % it is viewership that will order or watch WWE PPVs no matter what - whatever way you look at it, he f'd up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.