GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS : Pixel Pointlessness..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/03/05 at 08:20
Regular
"DS..."
*sigh* not again... Just purchased a brand new Nintendo DS from a certain shop which is an anagram of MAGE, only to find that the unit has a dead pixel... well, 2 dead pixels actually, one on the top screen and one on the touch screen.

Now, you might think "whats the problem? just take it back and get either a refund or a replacement" however, this is the second time this has happened as I purchased a limited VIP pak a month early only to find that the DS in that pak had a dead pixel on the top screen (a rather annoying green coloured one) and so I had bought this DS (the one in "MAGE") hoping that it would have no dead pixels so at least then I'd have the option of taking the VIP DS into "MAGE" inside the other DS box (they are both European models so it should'nt be a problem) and get a refund for it thus solving the problem.

But now that I have 2 DS's with dead pixels that now means that I've got to theoretically (this is the "simplest" solution I've thought of so far) go into "MAGE" with the DS I bought yesterday inside it's original box, ask for a replacement, (hopefully they won't offer or insist on testing it for me in-store) go out of store, (obviously out of sight of store) test the new DS, and providing that one is fine and has no dead pixels, put the VIP DS inside the newly aquired box to the one I'd just got as a replacement, go back to "MAGE", explain that this one also has a dead pixel and ask for a refund... long-winded I know but it seems to be the simplest solution.

Anyways, anyone else got any other possible ideas? (apart from sending the VIP DS back to Nintendo as it's not worth the time having to wait for a replacement and the risks etc) post them if you like, equally if you've had/got similar problems with dead pixels feel free to post them here as personally I think it's a dam annoying problem with the hardware that should have been ironed out (even though dead pixels are a common fault with high-resolution screens) anyways I digress...

Slik -_-
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:20
Regular
"DS..."
*sigh* not again... Just purchased a brand new Nintendo DS from a certain shop which is an anagram of MAGE, only to find that the unit has a dead pixel... well, 2 dead pixels actually, one on the top screen and one on the touch screen.

Now, you might think "whats the problem? just take it back and get either a refund or a replacement" however, this is the second time this has happened as I purchased a limited VIP pak a month early only to find that the DS in that pak had a dead pixel on the top screen (a rather annoying green coloured one) and so I had bought this DS (the one in "MAGE") hoping that it would have no dead pixels so at least then I'd have the option of taking the VIP DS into "MAGE" inside the other DS box (they are both European models so it should'nt be a problem) and get a refund for it thus solving the problem.

But now that I have 2 DS's with dead pixels that now means that I've got to theoretically (this is the "simplest" solution I've thought of so far) go into "MAGE" with the DS I bought yesterday inside it's original box, ask for a replacement, (hopefully they won't offer or insist on testing it for me in-store) go out of store, (obviously out of sight of store) test the new DS, and providing that one is fine and has no dead pixels, put the VIP DS inside the newly aquired box to the one I'd just got as a replacement, go back to "MAGE", explain that this one also has a dead pixel and ask for a refund... long-winded I know but it seems to be the simplest solution.

Anyways, anyone else got any other possible ideas? (apart from sending the VIP DS back to Nintendo as it's not worth the time having to wait for a replacement and the risks etc) post them if you like, equally if you've had/got similar problems with dead pixels feel free to post them here as personally I think it's a dam annoying problem with the hardware that should have been ironed out (even though dead pixels are a common fault with high-resolution screens) anyways I digress...

Slik -_-
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:27
Stop with the MAGE references, it's annoying. As you have 2, take back the one you bought for a dead-pixel free one, and sell the other on eBay.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:29
Regular
"8==="
Blow-up Nintendo Japan.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:32
Do that, it sounds far better.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:46
Regular
"DS..."
lcarus wrote:
> Stop with the MAGE references, it's annoying.

I know, and I apologise for that.

As you have 2, take back
> the one you bought for a dead-pixel free one, and sell the other on
> eBay.

Hmm, I'd sort of considered that but theres no real point as no one would probably want it seeing as it has a dead pixel, and if they did I'd probably only get about half what I paid for it even though it's part of the limited VIP pak, I dont really want to sell the vip pak anyways as it's fine apart from the dead pixel on the unit, thats why I'm "happy" enough to take them into "the store from whence the came" and hopefully just end up with a new, unboxed, but dead pixel free unit.

I just find it really annoying that I have to go to the pointless lengths of trying to get a unit that does'nt have any dead pixels which is what should have been sold in the first place, anyways.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:50
Regular
"8==="
I suppose everyone should get the GAY WIZARD staff to test it in-store before leaving.
Sat 12/03/05 at 09:02
Regular
"DS..."
Hedfix wrote:
> I suppose everyone should get the GAY WIZARD staff to test it in-store
> before leaving.

True, but in this instance I don't want them to as I want to test it myself so I can swap the units and end up with one free of faults, I just hope they don't offer to test it in-store when I ask for a replacement.
Sat 12/03/05 at 09:19
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I meant before anyone walks out with a DS for the first time.
Sat 12/03/05 at 10:20
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Take the one with a correct box back to "MAGE" and get a replacement or refund. Then send your VIP one back to Nintendo and they will replace it as they have said they will replace consoles with dead pixels.
Sat 12/03/05 at 12:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think Slik's original idea is the best. I'm presuming that you don't actually want 2 DSs, although I may be wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.