GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"getdotted web page??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/05/04 at 00:43
Regular
I want to use special reserve to register and maintain a website with.

This will primarily be for placing programming demos on the internet for me to show to emplyers, of work I have done on the PC and PS2. The main aim is to help me get a job.

Do I need to have freeola to get the free web hosting??

I have a blueyonder modem, and don't want to purchase something I can't use.

Is this service available to those without a freeola connection, the website doesn't seem particularly clear on the matter.
Thu 20/05/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
We just happen to have INTER-MEDIATES as well for our registrations.
Thu 20/05/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
We ARE registered, our tag is FREEOLA.

phi11ip wrote:
> Fasthosts are registered as the parent company of Ukreg.
>
> If they wern't registered they couldn't offer low prices.
>
> In fact, saying that, Getdotted aren't registered either, nor is
> Freeola. It's Inter-mediates that have their name registered, it's
> exactly the same situation as Ukreg.
>
> And what makes you so sure of Getdotted? They could be cowboys just
> waiting to sting you with every hidden charge possible.
Tue 18/05/04 at 20:05
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
phi11ip wrote:
> In fact, saying that, Getdotted aren't registered either, nor is
> Freeola. It's Inter-mediates that have their name registered, it's
> exactly the same situation as Ukreg.
If you view http://www.nic.uk/TagHolders/ListOfTagHolders/ both Freeola and Inter-mediates are listed, Freeola for customer sites purchased via GetDotted (before you ask I don't know why its Freeola and not get Dotted as the Nominet IPS Tag) and Inter-mediates for all the company owned domains like the Freeola 1000 domains
Tue 18/05/04 at 20:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Na, they already know.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:20
Regular
Getdotted are linked to on the Nominet web page in the registered companies section along with places such as The University of Leicester :D

Making it more likely that I would use one of those pages than something not linked to through that page.

Personal distrust of the internet because I know how it works, and I know how easy it is to get stung by cowboys and have very little comeback.

Might want to edit your post before someone around here sees it, I doubt the staff will be happy with you raising questions about what they do and creating negative opinions on their own forum.
Tue 18/05/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Fasthosts are registered as the parent company of Ukreg.

If they wern't registered they couldn't offer low prices.

In fact, saying that, Getdotted aren't registered either, nor is Freeola. It's Inter-mediates that have their name registered, it's exactly the same situation as Ukreg.

And what makes you so sure of Getdotted? They could be cowboys just waiting to sting you with every hidden charge possible.
Tue 18/05/04 at 12:02
Regular
I'm not fussed about staghosting being registered with Nominet or not, they don't sell domains, so there is no need for them to be registered with anyone.

ukreg.com aren't though, might be because the company which actually operates the site isn't called ukreg, and have decided not to mention their Nominet registration on the page, but that sounds a little fishy to me.

Personal experience not to trust the internet unless it appears completely transparent, just getting cynical in my old age.
Tue 18/05/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Bonus wrote:
> The fact that your page is registered with Nominet

Considering you have to be registered with Nominet to sell domains at any sort of respectable price in the first place it's not really anything big.

It costs £80 if you're not registered with nominet to register a .co.uk domain, but companies get big discounts if they are members, that's why Getdotted, Ukreg etc can sell them far cheaper.

And as for hosting, it really doesn't matter at all if a hosting company is registered with Nominet or not. Nominet do the domains, not the hosting.
Tue 18/05/04 at 10:55
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
I think you will find that was not aimed at you yourself
Thu 13/05/04 at 16:29
Regular
I'm not really sure my intention was to slate your services as such.

For a user of freeola, the web hosting offered by yourselves is a very attractive package, and something which I have not seen any other ISP come close to matching.

The fact that your page is registered with Nominet, and that despite being a blueyonder customer, I am a frequent user of your forum, a SR member, and an occasional user of your other facilities would leave me in a position to recommend your company to anyone.

Just to clear things up, I myself am not a Blueyonder customer, my father is. I live with my parents, and they were my dad's choice of ISP limiting me to using a web hosting service whch suits my circumstances.

I wont grudge paying for web hosting if the package is there, I just can't use freeola's webhosting because I'm not a customer of any ISP, and wont be for a few years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.