GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My book title: What do you think of it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 17:10
Regular
"56 000"
I am thinking of writing a book and basically I was going to name it
RED GUARD

The basic plot of my book hasn't been decided yet but I want it will be a Science Fiction novel.I thought of the idea about having two societies Commonists and Capitalists. Maybe at war or the Communists being a secret enemy. I was thinking of calling the Commonist the red guard. The Red Guard was going to be seen as evil at the beginning but actually the good guys.

In the novel I wanted to seperate commonist and Capitalists into the Red Guard sharing everything and everyone is equal and the Capitalists having rich and poor.

This is only a brief idea. What do you think?
Is it a original idea/title?
If i need to explain my idea abit better just tell me and i'll edit the post later.

Thanks for your input!
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:41
Regular
I want to name a book 'Her eyes on the horizon' Cos each word/s on the side of 'the' sound the same.

Can't be bothered to write a story for it lol and no-1 wants to buy a book cover with no book inside.
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:37
Regular
"56 000"
My book is original
name me a book which is similiar to my idea then?
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
This book is about as original as my little finger.

Which is over 16 years old.
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:10
Regular
"56 000"
Presedenté Nash wrote:
> Do not write this book.

What about if I change my plot of my story but keep the kind of idea of capitalists and communists?
Mon 26/04/04 at 09:25
Regular
"Teal'c"
Do not write this book.
Mon 26/04/04 at 09:15
Regular
"56 000"
The ending is only one of several ideas and even if i choose that ending not everyone uses the SR chat rooms.

Can I have more input or more ideas please?
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
Whats the script? wrote:
The Red Guard was going to be seen as evil at the beginning
> but actually the good guys.

How about....

"You don't need to buy this book because I've just given away the ending"

It's a bit long, but if you have the book the size of a Wheres Wally? Then you'll have no problem.
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
And anyway, basically you're going to write a Russian history book?

The Bolsheviks party in the 1930s were split between capitalist and communist ideals and the civil war took place between the Communists (With the Red Army with a division known as the Red Guard) and their Political enemies the whites.
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
50,000 :-O

Madness!
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:21
"period drama"
Heheh - try actually writing something before gettign all excited about a title.

I don't have a clue what my book(s) are going to be called, and I've written 50,000 words of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.