GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spurs vs. Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Yes, it's the match we've all been talking about and the wait is nearly over. Spurs and Arsenal, the two deadly rivals of London meet head to head at White Hart Lane, let's just say it won;t be a goaless draw with no cards.

Both teams seem to have pretty full squads with no new injury notices from either team. One possible ''loss'' for Spurs is that of our *ahem* dazzling youngster Helder 'Oh so close' Postiga. *cries* (tears of joy).

I've also been informed (www.skysports.co.uk) that Carr has been ruled out, which is a bit of a blow as his suspension hasn't kicked in.

One plus for Spurs is that Richards is back so we can finally get that idiot Doherty back out of the team. This strengthens our defence again, granted he isn't the best of centre backs, but he's better than Doc.

Now, this does leave us in a little dilemma at the back, as that leave's us without a right back. In my opinion, one of two things we could do...

1. Play three accross the back: Gardner, Richards and King.

2. Put Jacko in at right back, although it isn't his natural position, he is a good solid defender, and he loves going forward, surely linking up well with Davies.

I think that we should go with the three accross the back, simply as that put more men on danger man Thierry Henry. None of them can match him for pace, but Gardner and King aren't slow.

This is what I would do, but Pleat however is a different man alltogether. He sees it absolutely neccessary to place King in midfield. Pleaty, if you're reading this; King is a defender, not a midfielder!

This leaves my team looking something like this:

...............Keller...............
.....King....Richards...Gardner.....
..Davies...Dalmat...Brown...Jacko...
..............Poyet.................
......Keane............Defoe........

Poyet - I'm not sure if he is totally fit, but if he is, I would put him in, he has a good record against Arsenal in terms of goal scoring. If not, then play Keano just behind Defoe and Kanoute.

Dalmat has to be in the team because he has flair and skill, something Spurs are lacking in abundance currently, and Redknapp is crap and past it.

Surely we can't expect to win, against an Arsenal and especially Henry is such good form.

A quote from one Gus Poyet: "We are lucky to have the chance to play them before the end of the season and maybe change the bad run we are having."

We have a chance, however little, and as they say; 'Stranger things have happened!'

4-2 Spurs

Ah well, I can dream

Up the Spurs!!!
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Yes, it's the match we've all been talking about and the wait is nearly over. Spurs and Arsenal, the two deadly rivals of London meet head to head at White Hart Lane, let's just say it won;t be a goaless draw with no cards.

Both teams seem to have pretty full squads with no new injury notices from either team. One possible ''loss'' for Spurs is that of our *ahem* dazzling youngster Helder 'Oh so close' Postiga. *cries* (tears of joy).

I've also been informed (www.skysports.co.uk) that Carr has been ruled out, which is a bit of a blow as his suspension hasn't kicked in.

One plus for Spurs is that Richards is back so we can finally get that idiot Doherty back out of the team. This strengthens our defence again, granted he isn't the best of centre backs, but he's better than Doc.

Now, this does leave us in a little dilemma at the back, as that leave's us without a right back. In my opinion, one of two things we could do...

1. Play three accross the back: Gardner, Richards and King.

2. Put Jacko in at right back, although it isn't his natural position, he is a good solid defender, and he loves going forward, surely linking up well with Davies.

I think that we should go with the three accross the back, simply as that put more men on danger man Thierry Henry. None of them can match him for pace, but Gardner and King aren't slow.

This is what I would do, but Pleat however is a different man alltogether. He sees it absolutely neccessary to place King in midfield. Pleaty, if you're reading this; King is a defender, not a midfielder!

This leaves my team looking something like this:

...............Keller...............
.....King....Richards...Gardner.....
..Davies...Dalmat...Brown...Jacko...
..............Poyet.................
......Keane............Defoe........

Poyet - I'm not sure if he is totally fit, but if he is, I would put him in, he has a good record against Arsenal in terms of goal scoring. If not, then play Keano just behind Defoe and Kanoute.

Dalmat has to be in the team because he has flair and skill, something Spurs are lacking in abundance currently, and Redknapp is crap and past it.

Surely we can't expect to win, against an Arsenal and especially Henry is such good form.

A quote from one Gus Poyet: "We are lucky to have the chance to play them before the end of the season and maybe change the bad run we are having."

We have a chance, however little, and as they say; 'Stranger things have happened!'

4-2 Spurs

Ah well, I can dream

Up the Spurs!!!
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
To be frank with you, I don't think it matters which team Spur's put out against Arsenal, I can only see a Gunners win.

However...

"I'd love it if you beat them, love it!"
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Absolu? Neó wrote:
> To be frank with you, I don't think it matters which team Spur's put
> out against Arsenal, I can only see a Gunners win.

Hold on; we could easily have lost at Highbury, and were lucky to win with that deflection, and no matter how brilliant we've been in the past we've always managed to splutter against Spurs. And with Robbie Keane and Defoe up front there'll be a problem.

Still, even if we played Aliadiere and Wiltord up front, the way Spurs' defence has been playing we should clock up a fair few ;-)
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
Thats what people said about us vs Leeds...
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Silent Scope wrote:
> Thats what people said about us vs Leeds...

What bit are you referring to?
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
swander wrote:
> Keane and Defoe up front there'll be a problem.

Let's hope so eh :) but I can't see it, Arsenal have got the bit between their teeth now and I think it will carry them all the way through to the end of the season undefeated, even if they don't win at White Hart Lane, I can still see them getting a draw.
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:57
Regular
"Baros!!!"
3-2 to Arsenal
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> swander wrote:
> Keane and Defoe up front there'll be a problem.
>
> Let's hope so eh :) but I can't see it, Arsenal have got the bit
> between their teeth now and I think it will carry them all the way
> through to the end of the season undefeated, even if they don't win
> at White Hart Lane, I can still see them getting a draw.

It's a London derby, possibly the most hyped in the whole premiership, Arsenal fans, I wouldn't go counting all your chickens just yet
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Reported...
Sat 24/04/04 at 08:36
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Reported...

Same here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.