GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Chinese surgery which can make you taller: Is it worth it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 16:20
Regular
"56 000"
Its been recently on the news that the Chinese can make someone taller by surgery. I've heard its painful but it brings the topics up about why someone would want to go through that just to get abit taller. So far so good it look likes it worked from on the news. Though it does take several months to recover. I don't have a clue what they do to you in the surgery maybe your body is built with extra space around your bones or something. I think they break, or do something to the ankle but i'm not quite sure. Does anyone know how the surgeons make you taller?

Hovever there must be some sort of downside to it.Maybe it might affect your walking when you are older or something like that. I think that the issue that God made you who you are stuff will come in to it when Christians make their views clear.

I think probably its useful to have those operation but I don't think just anyone should be allowed to under go the surgery it should be aimed at helping disabilities with heights and scientists should investigate more into the downsides of the surgery.The cost of the surgery is probably very expensive. It does make you wonder why some people are desperate to get taller?

I can only make a guess that from the looks of things now its not worth putting yourself through all that pain just to become taller.I was surprised when heard surgeons could make you taller because I didn't think it could be possible. I think its extreme.But then that is my opinion. What is your opinion?
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:12
Regular
"56 000"
I wouldn't mind being taller but first you have to travel to china and then pay for the surgery which I couldn't afford.
Tue 27/04/04 at 00:46
"I love yo... lamp."
This surgery has been around for years. There was an article in the current Mens Health about it.

It costs around £50,000 in the States. And you do have a 1 in 12 chance of it just not working properly.

Nah, I would like to be a bit taller, simply to be able to look down on my Dad, but not at that much sacrifice.
Tue 27/04/04 at 00:43
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> i'm not going to have my legs broken and live in a wheelchair for 6
> month's
> just for a couple of inches.
>
> Not a fan of the secks then?

Heh. Now that you mention it, I bet more men would be willing to spend 6 months in a wheelchair to be 2" longer, rather than taller :^)

Though if they can do that I expect the real recovery is a bit easier...
Mon 26/04/04 at 09:38
Regular
"Teal'c"
What does Christianity have to do with this?
Mon 26/04/04 at 09:21
Regular
"56 000"
I wander how many people have already had the surgery! maybe
20 or something because its expensive. What do you think christianity will say about this?
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
Flockhart wrote:
> i'm not going to have my legs broken and live in a wheelchair for 6 month's
> just for a couple of inches.

Not a fan of the secks then?
Sun 25/04/04 at 16:58
Regular
"56 000"
You should be happy about what you are already but not everyone is. In England being taller doesn't go against you.
Sat 24/04/04 at 18:21
Regular
"lets go back"
Just be happy with what you are already
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:26
Regular
Whats the script? wrote:
> Its silly that the chinese have gone that far to make themselves
> taller just to get a better job and that the taller you are the
> better. Haven't they realised that size does not matter!
> The worst part of the surgery is the long recovery afterwards
> probably.

Nah, taller people (in particular men) are perceived as better, more competent, more healthy, more attractive, throughout the world.
There was even some study about it on richard and judy a few days ago.

I heard about the operation a few years ago, through basketball circles. Aparently it didn't work for basketballers (who are often obsessed with height!), as the bones weren't strong enough to take the strain of the sport. They just snapped at the 'extensions'.

I wouldn't do it, but if I was in a scenario where it would enable me to get a better career out of it, you'd have to at least consider it.
Thu 22/04/04 at 21:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Whats the script? wrote:
> The surgery is gonna cost alot of money anyway around maybe talking
> over 600 pounds

I think for suregery of what has been described, removing vital ligaments and increasing bone length it would cost far, far more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.