GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS Advice"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/03/05 at 01:55
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Guys, I need some advice - despite being a "newbie", I'm more of a lurker (have been around for 900+ days, posting here and there, so please read this:

I'm out in the US for another week or so before returning home to the UK and have the opportunity to snap up a DS for $150 (about £75) with some cheap games. However, I'm not 100% keen on any of the games yet - is it worth getting the DS anyway in anticipation of Mario Kart and Zelda DS coming out (hopefully soon)? What games would you recommend? (I've always been a big mario fan and Wario Ware seems worth it - are they?)

I've just been reading about the WiFi plans for the DS, and the idea of being able to play Mario Kart online alone makes me want to get the DS this very second. Do any of you know if there may be problems using a US DS on any potential UK WiFi networks?

Also, as you can tell from my name, Zelda is my main staple requirement for videogame survival. I plan on getting The Minish Cap as it is (for only about £15) for use with my GBA - will I be able to play it on the DS (I presume so?)

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Sun 20/03/05 at 01:55
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Guys, I need some advice - despite being a "newbie", I'm more of a lurker (have been around for 900+ days, posting here and there, so please read this:

I'm out in the US for another week or so before returning home to the UK and have the opportunity to snap up a DS for $150 (about £75) with some cheap games. However, I'm not 100% keen on any of the games yet - is it worth getting the DS anyway in anticipation of Mario Kart and Zelda DS coming out (hopefully soon)? What games would you recommend? (I've always been a big mario fan and Wario Ware seems worth it - are they?)

I've just been reading about the WiFi plans for the DS, and the idea of being able to play Mario Kart online alone makes me want to get the DS this very second. Do any of you know if there may be problems using a US DS on any potential UK WiFi networks?

Also, as you can tell from my name, Zelda is my main staple requirement for videogame survival. I plan on getting The Minish Cap as it is (for only about £15) for use with my GBA - will I be able to play it on the DS (I presume so?)

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Sun 20/03/05 at 08:51
Regular
"\\"
Wario Ware... 'Tis all you need.
Sun 20/03/05 at 11:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I played through Minish Cap on my import US DS... games are much more crisp and the sound quality is better.
Sun 20/03/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Pwned"
Emitime wrote:
> Wario Ware... 'Tis all you need.

And Super Mario 64 DS. Great games. I've completed Wario Ware Touched! and it was fun, but Super Mario 64 is longer and has more replay value. Get both. Then wait for Mario Kart.
Sun 20/03/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Advance Wars DS should be enough for anyone to contemplate getting a DS... roll on US Import!
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:04
"The Will of D."
Firestarter wrote:
>but Super Mario 64 is longer and has more replay value.

Well it isn't long for those who have completed it before on the N64 as they have the advantage of knowing where to find all the original stars.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Pwned"
It would still take a lot longer than Wario Ware Touched and also, more stars have been added, as well as mini games.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wario is great, definately worth a buy. Mario is brilliant as well, I'd buy it just for the minigames. Otherwise, buy Polarium if you like puzzlers and Feel the Magic if you like guys in bunny suits. All good stuff.
Sun 20/03/05 at 12:14
Regular
I would recommend you don't get SM64DS if you've already completed the original.

Get Wario Ware, Yoshi, FtM, Polarium.
Sun 20/03/05 at 15:26
"'oh I do say!'"
you can use the touch screen. i am smart!!!! don't you think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.